06

📅 a normal day

You were minding your own business in your classroom, studying your notes when suddenly a group of girls came up to you.

"Oi, what do you take me for? Are you trying to fail me? What the hell are you doing for our project?" The leader of the group snapped at you, throwing the worksheets infront of your face. The other girls snickered as they saw the papers fall on the floor, expecting you to pick them up. You gave them a menancing glare and angrily picked up the papers, ignoring the presence of the girls.

You were assigned to do a group project with the leader and three other girls of the group. Let's just say they thought very "highly" of you.

"Are you deaf? I'm talking to you, squirt. Look at me!" The leader taunted you, poking your head. You still continued writing, hoping that if you ignored them, they would at least leave you alone.

"For godsake! Answer us will you?" Another girl bellowed, throwing you out of your chair. You grunted as you landed on the floor. Everyone's attention in the class turned to you and the group of girls.

"Who do you think you are? Walking in to this school like a brat, talking and seducing the boys on the volleyball team?" The leader shouted with a smirk. Everyone started sharing whispers as they watched the commotion.

"And what would you know? I got forced into the volleyball team because of my skills. I didn't have a choice. Besides, you don't even know the relationship I share amongst the boys so don't go around acting like you know everything!" You retorted, standing back up.

"Excuse me? Are you for real? Fine, we'll just have to do it the hard way," the leader threatened. You groaned and crossed your arms, waiting for the next move.

But before the girls could even land a hit, you were pulled back by a set of strong arms.

"What do you think you're doing?" The male scolded. It was Iwaizumi.

"I-iwaizumi kun! I-it's not-"
"Don't you dare give me that sort of bullshit now. I saw everything. I saw who started it. Grow the hell up! Who are you to say she's seducing us? She's our manager for godsake! Manager! Moreover, she has to examine our plays and give us feedback on what we should do to improve. She has every right to share a close bond with each of us so that she knows our limits and how much progress we can make," Iwaizumi chided the group of girls.

"If y'all ever dare lay a hand on her again, I'll make sure you all regret it. Y/n's not an object you can use to fondle with," Iwaizumi snarled. The group of girls eventually coward away and bowed their heads as apology due to the guilt and fear they felt. Once the commotion was cleared and everyone got back to their own work, Iwaizumi pulled you to a remote area. Well, behind the indoor gym since that was a familiar place to the both of you.

"Hey, you alright?" Iwaizumi asked with wary, placing both his hands on your shoulder. You nervously nodded, earning a sigh of relief from him. The two of you stood in the position for awhile, Iwaizumi's hands on your shoulder as he looked at the ground while you stood still.

"I-I'm sorry I got you involved..." you quietly apologised as the wind blew.

"No, don't apologise. They should be the ones begging for forgiveness right now. You did nothing wrong," Iwaizumi said, finally relaxing a bit.

"Well then, thank you for helping me out," you thanked, flashing the male a bright smile. Iwaizumi's cheeks flushed a light tint of pink as he admired your smile. To him, it was the prettiest and cutest. He smiled back and ruffled your hair which made you feel... pleasant.

The two of you then proceeded to walk back to class.

"Hey... Iwaizumi-kun?" You called, looking at the male. The ace adverted his attention to you.

"Can we... use each other's first names?" You shyly asked. The male smiled and nodded.

"Alright then... y/n," Iwaizumi said, walking ahead of you with a big smile plastered on his face. As you heard your first name leave his mouth, you internally cheered and squealed.

It was not much but it felt like a lot. You felt like you grew closer to Hajime after this ordeal.

A/N:
Nothing much just reading back to the first few chapters of this book and i felt like ive deproved a bit
But its alright! I can always pick myself up and try again :)
I hope all of u are enjoying this book so far
Vote n comment
Love yall <3