The Middle

Another short chapter. Im sorry, but at least it's longer than the last one. And I'm sorry for taking so long writing this chapter. I've had a busy few weeks. But i'm working on chapter 3 right now :D
It'll be out by June 7th, maybe 8th.

Also, do you guys wanna see drawings of Val, and Zad, and maybe Luci? Please, don't be afraid to comment!

Valciel had remembered, and the Father knew by the look on Valciel’s face.

It was a mix of stun, anger, and hurt. A mix that was never seen before. A tear fell from Valciel’s eye, and a stern glare was on his face. Lucy looked up at the tall angel, confused, and a bit scared. He looked down at her, and smiled softly. “I'm going to go talk to the father. Take this.” And he handed her a thin chain necklace, made of pure silver. He looked back up to the father and glared again, “Lets go.” Valciel walked past the father, towards the throne room, and the father followed.

“How dare you.” Valciel said, under his breath.

“What did you say to me, my child? Face me when you speak.” the father told the angel, stepping a bit closer.

Valciel whipped his head around, seething anger written all across his face. “HOW DARE YOU! I TRUSTED YOU, AND THIS IS WHAT I GET? Show me where Lucifer is. Now.”

The Father smiled, “Fine.”

Valciel smiled in disbelief and overwhelming joy. He didn't think that would work. “R-Really? Just give me a second, please Father.”

Valciel ran out of the temple and put on his best suit. He turned around and Zadkiel was standing behind him, hands behind his back, and smiling. “I heard about your little trip,” he spoke softly, “Please just promise me you'll be back.” Then he broke. He fell to his knees, crying. “P-Please. I can't lose you too.”

Valciel ran to his friend's side. “How did you remember him?” Zadkiel looked up to the taller angel.

“I can't. All I can remember is that I lost someone close, and I don't want to forget you like I forgot them and-”

Valciel hugged his friend tightly, letting him sob into his shoulder.

“I promise. I'll be back in a week.” Valciel smiled and Zadkiel.

Zadkiel then grabbed a purple flower, and a piece of silk from his pocket. It was a black tie and a single lilac. Valciel took the gift slowly, and put on the tie. He put the flower in his pocket, and held his friends hand. “I'll miss you Zadkiel.”

“I'll miss you too, Lilac.”

Valciel chuckled at the little nickname. He had gotten it long ago, when their duo was a trio, but that's a story for another time.

The two angels stood up, exited Valciel’s home, and walked their separate ways.

Once Valciel saw the temple, he broke into a sprint, tears welling up in his eyes again. He threw open the doors, “I'm ready, Father!” Valciel yelled into an empty room. His voice echoed, bouncing around the dark, barren walls. Confused, he stepped in, and slowly walked towards the throne. He jumped as the doors slammed behind him, drowning him in never-ending darkness. “F-Father?! Is that you?”

Suddenly he felt a burning pain from his halo.

It was on fire.

“Father! Help me, please.” he begged, falling to his knees, then his wings felt the same pain, for they were burning too.

He screamed loud enough for all of heaven to hear.

Soon enough, he heard Zadkiel’s voice, pleading to see him.

“Please Zadkiel, help me.” Valciel whimpered.

Zadkiel started ramming into the door, “Just stay there Lilac, I'm on my way!”

Hours passed, Zadkiel was still outside the door, and Valciel was still on the ground in excruciating pain but he couldn’t scream anymore. He couldn't talk anymore. He couldn't even whisper. Then, from the darkness emerged a voice.

“You should have listened to me, my son. You should have forgotten.” The voice was hate filled, and demeaning.

Valciel couldn't say anything, so he just spat in the direction of the voice.

“This is what you get for not listening to me, your GOD.” He snapped, and the doors opened, and Valciel fell.

The last thing he saw was Zadkiel’s fear-filled eyes, and then he was gone.

651 words (minus a/n)