𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 16 '𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁'

I headed out of the drama club after a while. I just wanted to go to my room and sleep. I had almost reached the side entrance of our college gate when I felt like someone was following me; I turned around hastily and there's Off. He suddenly took a pause as if he wasn't expecting me to notice and started walking slowly like he's evaluating every steps he's taking.

"Are you following me?" I ask in an irritated voice.

"Gun...I want to speak with you." His voice got dimmer as he approached me.

"About what?"

"I......I didn't know........." there was a pause and he continued, "about your family and everything. I'm so sorry."

I wasn't expecting him to say that so I'm a little taken aback. I stand still as he continues to speak,

"I know I don't deserve to ask for your forgiveness but I thought about it a lot last night and I finally mustered up the courage to talk to you. I'm sorry Gun for being such a coward friend. I should have known..........how hard it must have been for you; I was selfish, self-centred and cared too much about other people's opinion. Please forgive me, Gun."
He looked at me with the most sorrowful face ever like he wanted me to say something. Anyone who saw this scene might think I was bullying him because of how tensed his body looked.

"To be honest," My voice got more bland as I started speaking , "I always thought I could never forgive you.
you know they say, every time you forgive someone, they love you a little more but the day they love you the most will be the day you stop loving that person anymore.
I have forgiven you each and every time you blamed me for whatever stupid reason it maybe, remember? even if it was just a tiny....tiny matter, you never took my side, it was always Jean. I think every time that happened, a part of me always got crushed and then it came to the state that there was nothing left, just nothing. And I guess my breaking point was that last day in school when you said it to my face......that I'm no longer needed in your life."

"I was stupid, Gun." He said in a very pleading voice." you know my family. I was scared my father would be angry if he heard about those rumours and at that time......the only solution I thought would work was if I avoided you. I was wrong. I only lost my most precious friend and I truly truly regret that.
Please forgive me, Gun."

I am shocked since most of the time he always acted mean and rough towards his father but hearing this I'm guessing he does love him.

"I can't believe this." I say with a small chuckle cause I really can't. "I'm sure it wasn't easy for someone like you to ask for forgiveness.
But....,considering that I once thought of you as my best friend, that you also saved my life yesterday and for all the good times that we spend together, I forgive you.....Off."

Now that I said it I realise it's not so hard at all. Forgiving someone. Infact it feels, in sort of weird way, very satisfying. Like you have this immense  power over someone that could change their whole world and that you just granted it. Okay I'm overreacting but it feels good.

He looks shocked. Perhaps he was expecting me to throw tantrums or shout or even hit him.

"Really Gun??" His expression changed from tensed to beaming with joy real quick. He suddenly hugged me with all his force making me difficult to breathe. I smell a very friendly smell; his signature cologne, a very warm cinnamon and grapefruit mixed with citrus fruit like smell; so distinct and so Off. I can't remember the last time we hugged, a part of me missed these hugs from him. I slowly tear apart our warm hug and look at his face.

"Off, but let me make one thing clear." I say with the most straight face ever. "I'm doing this because I am tired of dealing with the hatred I have towards you; it's exhausting, really. So therefore I want to clear every misunderstandings between us....everything. I want to start my life fresh and not think about the past but present."

"So you mean—"

"I mean.....you...are my past Off. I don't want to be stuck in my past, I want to be happy, I want to be free. So don't ask me please, to be the same friends we were before because I can't."

He moved his eyes away from mine and twirled his mouth a little. His hesitation was clear. He looked somewhat sad, disappointed, downhearted but despite that he looked towards at me and said,

"I can understand........If that's what you want but—
Please don't push me away, Gun."

He looked even more securely at me as my words got lost in my mouth.

"I am not trying to retrieve our friendship or trying to change your mind and maybe I'm asking for too much but please give me a chance."