Chap 10. Fear in water

The school's swimming pool is huge, I'll give you that. It is specially designed just for the swim team because they always win back trophies for the school during competitions. They well,  probably have already became the school's resemble. New East Poseidon team. Weird and cringy name, I know. But who cares? Their achievements that brings out the school's  good reputation are all that matters. 

  It was 15 minutes before the trio's detention. Lucas and Luke had came early. ' Why are you sitting down? We should start cleaning! ' Lucas urges Luke who simply shrug his shoulders and lay back on the long bench, relaxing even more. ' There's still time left. What's the rush? ' He reply calmly, closing his eyes. 

  ' What if a teacher comes in and sees us not working??!! ' This was Lucas's first time getting a detention. No wait, this wasn't even HIS detention!!! ' Ah screw the teachers. They can't do anything because it's not even time yet. We'll just say we wanted a rest. ' Luke pulls his brother to sit down beside him by the wrist.  

  ' What's your favourite color, Lucas? ' Luke suddenly blurts out after a few minutes of comfortable silence. ' Why so sudden? ' Lucas challenge back. ' Look. We're playing a get - to - know - you - better game. Might as well play it nice. ' Can't he just answer a simple question? Luke thought, annoyed. 

  ' That's real rich coming from you. Playing nice? Come on, since when did you put any class project seriously. ' Lucas snorts and doesn't believe in Luke at all. ' Since the minute I was paired with you. ' Luke whispers to himself, too quite that it was not audible. ' What? ' Lucas leans closer.  

  ' I said this isn't a project. It's a game. ' Luke lied. ' I don't see the difference. ' The other snaps. Luke mentally groaned. He had practically given up to even start a chat with the foolish boy. He didn't try to continue talking or asking Lucas anymore so they were once again engulfed in not a comfortable silence but the opposite one.  

  ' Blue. ' Luke finally hears a meek answer, he almost missed it. He nods but remain quite, unsure whether or not to continue. Luckily, Lucas was quick to react. ' What's yours? ' he asks. Luke ran through the colors in his dictionary and chose carefully. ' I think...... green. '

  ' Green like...... forest green? ' Lucas's tone went slightly higher at the end as he tries to get more from his brother. ' Umm....... yeah. Forest green. ' Luke confirms one more time, now even positive. He has a good reason why he loves green. Let's just put it the way that a certain someone gave him joy and happiness in greenish color. 

  ' The ocean. That's why I like blue. ' Lucas smile just by remembering the beautiful scenery. The conversation wasn't awkward but it can't be called a smooth one either. For years, none of them actually tried to get to know each other, it was always just to ignore. 

  ' I hate rainy days. ' Luke says truthfully. ' It gives me..... chills. ' Lucas knows the feeling. He, himself doesn't fancy rainy days either. Wouldn't you agree that it's such a fuss to bring your umbrella or raincoat everywhere you go? 

  ' favourite movie? ' Lucas suddenly wanted to know more about his brother who lets out a chuckle at the question. ' Nah, I don't do movies. Staring into the screen while it flashes by. Boring!!! ' Lucas laughs wholeheartedly. 

  ' Mine's probably The Maze Runner series. ' Luke snickers. ' The one with all the teenagers running around like crazy in baggy clothes and disheveled looks? ' Lucas face immediately lightens up, eager to continue the topic. ' Oh! You've watched it before?! ' Luke waves him off and shakes his head. ' Nah, just the trailer. I guess it looks good though. ' Luke admits. 

  Lucas was clearly unsatisfied with the answer but doesn't push his luck. 

  The twins had some light and small conversation. Everything was all too good to be true because the next second, pretty boy's here.