Chap 16. The best way to answer you

Alan smirks at the boy walking towards him, frowning when he sees the gloomy look on his face. ' Yo Ian. ' Alan greeted cheerfully, trying to lighten up the sour face. 

  Lucas looks up at Alan and forced out a smile. ' Hey. ' Alan opens the passenger door for Lucas and pointed at the seat. Lucas snorted but get in anyway. As Alan drive,  the two have some relaxing conversation. 

  ' Hey Alan? ' Lucas calls out softly. ' Yeah? ' 

  ' What will you feel if..... you found out your dad had a secret lover but never told you about it? And that he spends more time with his secret lover than his kids? ' Alan slows down the car a little and thought about it. 

  ' I'll probably..... beat his lover up. ' Alan finally says. Lucas was taken back by the answer. ' And your dad? ' Alan smirks. ' He'll already be dead for breaking up mum's heart. ' He said truthfully. 

  ' That kinda sounds exactly like the kind of thing Luke would do. Violence solves everything for you guys right? ' Though Alan's answers were funny and really did cheer Lucas up a little but he knows, everyone knows that wouldn't be the best way to solve his problem. 

  ' Umm.... I don't actually agree to that but it lets people fear you and so no one will mess with you. ' Alan says. ' Well maybe violence does helps you a little. ' He adds again after a few moments of silence.  

  ' Well you wouldn't expect me to beat Harley up and kill my dad would you? ' Lucas snap. Alan's stupid remarks are starting to annoy him. ' Wait wait. What did you say just now?? Alan turns his head towards so fast, it made a little crack sound. 

  ' Uh.... I'm not going to kill my dad? ' Lucas ask innocently. ' No no. Back it up a little. ' Alan pesters. ' I'm not going to beat Harley up? ' He questions himself more. Then he finally gets it. Oh fuck.... 

  ' Harley? That's a boy's na--- ' Lucas instantly cut off Alan's sentence. ' Yes, my dad's gay. ' Lucas would be lying if he says he isn't embarrassed. ' Oh. That's weird. ' Alan frowns and look back at the road again. 

  ' What's wrong? ' Lucas ask suspiciously. Alan raise an eye brown ' You do know that only females can reproduce right? Simple Science? ' Lucas was dumbfounded. Of course he knows that. Even a child would know that. 

  ' Okay..... So?? ' Alan was not answering Lucas's question yet and it was irking the curious boy. ' Look, I'm pretty sure your dad loves your mum right? Or at least he used to since you won't cheat on someone you love. ' Lucas doesn't like where this is going. 

  ' If your dad married your mum then..... he can't be gay..... maybe he's bisexual? ' Alan pondered the question.  The pitiful boy was drown in his thoughts of his dad's sexuality, Alan's remark hunting his mind.  

  The two were engulf in another silence. Alan gave Lucas space even if he doesn't know what had happened to the boy and Lucas was thankful for that. 

  ' Hey!! ' Alan shook Lucas out of his daze. ' We're here. Let's go. ' Lucas looks out of the window and gasp. 

  ' Is this a football field?! ' 

  Alan grins proudly and puts a hand on Lucas shoulder as the two boys stood before the big field. Lucas with a horrified expression on his face while Alan merely spread his grin wider.

  ' Well at least you've prepared dinner yourself. ' Lucas makes a comment at the lunch box that was place on his hand. It looks yummy. Brownish rice with some fish sauce on it, cut vegetables like broccoli, carrots, peas and a some small pieces of what looks like pan - fried salmon.