Kay Kay

Nathan's POV

"Isn't it weird that both Mr Parker and Ryan weren't present today?Like serious this two men have a perfect attendance!"Poppy exclaimed as the three of us make it to her car.

"Clearly there's a reason behind this..."Naomi tapped her chin and stared at me suspiciously,unfortunately my mind isn't here at all but at home in my bed so I wasn't aware what was happening.

"Nathan don't think that we don't know that you're hiding something from us and consider yourself lucky since we didn't confront you the time you had sleep on the two periods especially the last one."

"Yeah yeah whatever,Naomi are you done talking so we can go home?"I asked still holding the backseat door,Poppy came right in front of me and slammed the door shut.

"You're not getting in the car if you don't start talking Nathan."She said in her threatening voice but I shrugged.Not feeling bothered about it.

"Hey you see this two legs of mine?They don't need fuel for them to work so I'm going to walk myself home."I readjust my bag bends before turning away from them preparing to start my long work to freedom.I wasn't able to set my foot on the ground as Poppy was pulling me back by my backpack.She sighed before telling me to get in the car but Naomi wasn't happy for the fact that Poppy is letting me get away with it,but I doubt that.

It's not even minutes and I thought I could enjoy this moment with peace and silence.

"Nath,buddy,pal please talk to us.If there's something bothering you don't need to be afraid to open up to us.Today in the morning you were in a good mood but come the next period that changed!What's wrong huh?"Naomi sometimes would make me want to cry when I don't want to.But her reassuring words reminded me to always know that I have the two friends I could trust in telling them what's really wrong with me.

"I hate it when you can read me like an open book."Naomi smiled at me in the rearview mirror.Taking a deep breath I started telling them about what really happened while in the Adderson's house,being busted by Ryan,helping me not get caught by his mom,the pampering,Ryan going nuts and of course I didn't tell them about the stairs behind the house.They did asked me how did I made it at ground level but I had to lie to them,I feel bad for doing that.This is for their own good.

Sadly,I didn't have to lie to them about the crazy possessive drunk Sebastian I encountered with while sneaking in the house and all his threats in hurting Erik...

Poppy finally stopped by at my house and I was about to reach out the handle till she called my name.

"Nathan if you ever feel unsafe in that house with him you're always welcome to live in our house till your parents come back,ok?"

"Thanks Pops,don't worry about it.Just a few more days left."I gave her a reassuring smile before saying bye to them,now stepping out the car.

Watching it disappear from a distance I'm now faced with the house and Sebastian's car on my right.My legs glued up on the ground for a good minute and the lump in my throat felt so dry I can't seem to gulp.

The same gut feeling that I always have everytime I'm faced directly with the door, keeps telling me to turn back and just walk away.This time I'm tired of this shit!I'm going in.

Without thinking I stumped towards the door and swung it open.Duh it's my house I I don't get to knock.

That confidence that I had not a minute ago disappeared like a shadow that light is shone onto to it.Sebastian who's in his white vest and shorts,shocked just seeing the sight of me,he tilted his head and smiled brightly at me.

"Nathan you're back!How was school today?"I didn't say a single word and continued staring at him after I had closed the door.Confused as ever for how innocent he's acting right now.