Prologue

Y/n's POV:

"He tried to hit me."

"He actually tried to hit me."

"I've got to get out of here."

"Away from him."

I ran up the stairs with hot tears streaming down my face. I grabbed the nearest suitcase, barely caring whether it was mine or not. When I heard his heavy boots come up the stairs I panicked, realizing that I didn't lock the door. As I turned to go lock it, Henry slams the door open.

"Where do you think you're going?" he spat, with beer on his breath. Without looking at him I mumbled "far away from you, asshole." I turned and continued packing the suitcase until I felt him grab my arm. He spun me around quickly. His face was so close our noses were practically touching. Instead of Juicy fruit, I smelled beer. His blue eyes weren't as bright as they usually were. Instead of love, I saw pure hatred. "You only go somewhere, when I tell you." he snarled. I pushed him off me.

"When the fuck was this 'rule' made, huh?" I spat back. Before he could say anything I zipped the suitcase closed. "I'm leaving and you can't stop me Henry." I started towards the door, suitcase in one hand, shoes in the other. His demeanor  suddenly changed when he realized I was serious. "Baby, please. Don't go. I'm sorry!" He begged and begged for me to stay. I ignored him until I got to the door. I turned to face him. "Henry, I love you. You haven't been yourself since you started drinking heavily. Until you can get yourself together, I have to leave." He looked at me, shocked.

"Y/n please-" I saw the tears in his eyes, but I put my hand up to silence him. My voice wavered. "I have to go. I love you Henry." I pecked him on the cheek and turned to head out the door. I felt his eyes on me until I walked to my car. I started the engine and drove out of the neighborhood. I kept driving until I saw the sign that read New Hampshire.

"This is my life now."

"I never wanna see his face or hear his name."

"I'm never going back."

"Ever."