Chapter Six: You Smoke?

MAYA

Standing in my mirror, my eyes examine my small figure. The navy blue windbreaker covered my curves. At the bottom of the jacket was an adjustable band, that I manipulated to fit my waist. The black leggings I wore gave off the illusion that I had a fat ass. I know I wasn't blessed in the butt department, but these leggings were blessing me today!

My 4C curls brushed my shoulders, while its volume complimented my face's small frame. My silver hoops dangled from my ears, while my lips shined from Carmex applied minutes ago.

My eyes capture movement from my window. Outside a black Lexus pulled up to my driveway. The car looked a bit older, but nonetheless I was positive that was my uber. Quickly, I grab my phone and two cigarettes off my dresser and tuck it in my jacket's pocket. Rushing to my closet I grabbed a black scarf, hat, and gloves set and made my way downstairs.

The sound of moans filled the stairway and the volume continued to increase with every step. The source of the sound was coming from the living room. Halting in my steps, my eyes averted to the floor as I tried to erase the horrible image that just entered my mind.

My father was laying on the couch with some woman on top of him. She had no shirt on and his hands were exploring every inch of her body. God, her awful moaning was getting louder by the minute. She literally sounded like a chipmunk. I honestly have no idea how that could arouse any man.

I knew for a fact that woman wasn't my mother. The only time my mother's home is when they're arguing. It's sad that my father bringing different women home is the norm around here.

I need to get out of here.

My dad's wallet sitting on top of that disgusting couch catches my attention. Sneaking over to the couch I grab the wallet. "Who's daddy? Who's daddy?" My father roars.

"You are! You are!" The whore screeches.

God...I think I'm gonna be sick.

Quickly, I search through his wallet and pull out a fifty-dollar bill. I probably don't need that much for an uber but it'll do. Carefully, placing his wallet back on the couch, I rush out the front door into the freezing cold. The wind bites at my skin and my teeth chatter.

Damn! My stupid ass should of just wore a coat instead of this windbreaker!

Finally, inside of the uber I relax. The warmth of the car puts me at ease. The uber driver's bald head shined from the sun's light outside the window. His grey eyes met mine in the mirror. Turning to face me his lips stretched into a creepy smile. Rubbing his grey beard he greeted, "Hello Beautiful."

Uncomfortable, I gave him a short nod. His grey eyes drank my body in as he unconsciously licked his chapped lips. Finally, moments later he started driving causing me to release a breath I didn't realize I was holding. This man is old enough to be my grandpa. I don't know which was more disgusting: My dad and his whore or this old man checking me out.

As the car ride continued, the creepy driver kept glancing at me in his mirror. To avoid eye contact, I pulled out my phone to look occupied. A text message from Shanti appeared on my screen.

Ashanti: Where r u? Did u forget again? Maya SLEEPOVER! TONIGHT! Ring a bell?

Rolling my eyes I slip my gloves off and text her back.

Maya: No I didn't forget! 🙄🙄🙄 I'm just running a little late.

"So how old are you?" Questioned the driver. Looking up I noticed we were at a red light. Looking in the rearview mirror was a mistake because I caught him staring at me again. He bit his thin chapped lips causing a chill to run down my spine. My hands started to shake, but I gripped my phone tightly and swallowed down my nerves.