Chapter 10: Old Allies

~~Y/n's POV~~

I woke up in what seems to be a destroyed house. Looking around there wasn't anything in the room besides the bed I was on and a small desk. Sitting up I flinched in pain from my chest.The door opened and a figure stepped in.

???: "So you're finally awake. For a moment I didn't think you would."

Y/n: "ugh... What do you mean?"

???: "You're so foolish. Do you remember the last time that happened to you? You passed out for weeks. I basically had to pry Sophie out of your hospital room when visiting hours closed."

Y/n: "Huh? Who are you!?"

The figure turned on a small lamp light on the desk to reveal a man with a grey hoodie under a dark blue denim vest along with long purple hair. Yusuke Fujuki, the brother of Yusaku. 

Y/n: "Yusuke... If you're here then..."

Yusuke: "Sadly no, shortly after you disappeared Academia attacked us. We lost many great duelists... Aoi... Akira... Go... Emma... even my brother..."

Y/n: "Damn.... I'm sorry, I should've stayed..."

Yusuke: "No, you'd only disappear as well. Now what do you remember."

Y/n: "Well... I dueled Aster..."

Yusuke: "No you didn't."

Y/n: "What do you mean?"

Yusuke: "When Academia attacked, Aster's team seized our tech, hoping to learn it and destroy the others with it. But so far they don't know much about it."

Y/n: "Damn... I went so far against a digital AI..."

Yusuke: "But hey, you provided solid entertainment."

Y/n: "Oh shut it."

Yusuke: "Here, I found this. You should have it."

Yusuke handed me a card that I haven't seen for a long time.

Y/n: "Yusuke, you know I don't deserve this."

Yusuke: "You're right, you don't. But you'd be able to use it better than me."

Y/n: "Thank you."

Yusuke nodded as he tossed me my Duel Disk as I put the new Link Monster in my Extra Deck. We left the house in search for the rest of the Lancers. We heard the sound of a duel happening and we quickly made out way there only to find that we were too late. We found Sylvio and Gong on the ground, defeated.

Y/n: "Gong!"

Gong: "Y/n! What happened to you!?"

Sylvio: "Hey! What about me!?"

Y/n: "Oh.... You're okay... I came here, I guess you guys are here too."

???: "Oh look at this little reunion."

Yusuke: "Y/n! It's the Tyler sisters!"

I looked up to see Gloria and Grace.

Y/n: "Yusuke."

Yusuke: "Right, just like old times."

Both me and Yusuke activated our duel disks.

Gloria/Y/n/Grace/Yusuke: "Duel!"

Gloria: "I'll be going first in this, draw! I activate Polymerization! I fuse my Amazoness Queen and my Amazoness Spy to fusion summon! Level 8, Amazoness Empress!" (2800/2400)" I set a card and end!"

Yusuke: "my turn! Draw! I discard Latency to summon Bitrooper!" (1500/2000) "And while I control a Cyberse monster I can summon Backup Secretary!" (1200/800)