Never Had the Balls

Never Had the Balls by Rex Orange County

The next morning.

Lance doesn't work on Tuesdays or Wednesdays, so he was pretty relieved when he woke up. Of course, his throbbing headache wasn't helping and he barely remembered what happened last night other than the fight with his date.

His date.

He sat up slowly and looked around for his phone on his wrinkled bedsheets, wanting to text Keith an apology. Lance picked up his phone, still pretty tired from the night before but felt a wave of guilt rush over him again. Lance rubbed his eyes gently and looked around his room, upset. He didn't know if he even wanted to text Keith. He probably didn't want to think about Lance right now and that was pretty fair. It was all Lance's fault their 'date' had gone so terrible.

All his fault.

The thoughts raced to his mind again and he quickly shut them out. Lance took a deep breath for a second and instinctively texted his group chat. They seemed like they could help even at these ungodly hours of 9 in the morning.

[Shrek, Donkey, and Farquad]

theonceler: guys I'm in DEEP now hhhhhh

A few minutes go by and no answer.

hunkonabunk: wait what happened?
hunkonabunk: did the date go good?

theonceler: no :( I ruined it again

hunkonabunk: lance please stop blaming yourself.

theonceler: dude I mean. I really did fuck this up.

hunkonabunk: are u guys still talking ?

theonceler: IDK man. I got drunk last night, he said something to me and I think I said something back and he stormed out.

hunkonabunk: oh that's not good.
hunkonabunk: did u try and kiss him ? or did u insult him ?

theonceler: dude I don't remember that well, I just remember him say something like 'if u hate me so much why did u even invite me'
theonceler: just
theonceler: fuck bro.
theonceler: should I message him?

hunkonabunk: totally. tell him your sorry, maybe he'll understand ?

theonceler: what if he never comes back to altean all because of me.

hunkonabunk: dude, don't think about that.
hunkonabunk: you guys got this
hunkonabunk: plus I feel like he's going to forgive u pretty easily

theonceler: Idk
theonceler: I'll give it a try but if he doesn't accept it then I fucked it all up like I did with Nyma, Allura, Romelle. The list goes on.

hunkonabunk: just take a breather. if you get too anxious, count to 10 real slowly dude. like my mum taught us

theonceler: I know I know.

hunkonabunk: gotta get back to my shift, I'll have Pidge check the chat so she can help ok ?

theonceler: thanks, buddy. take care

hunkonabunk: u too.

X

Keith woke up around 11 am. The sky was grey and the wind was breezing past his bedroom window. He looked around his room, still thinking about the night before. He knew it was a mistake to go out with him. Keith felt so stupid for thinking this guy liked him. Shiro barged into the room, startling the occupant who was half-asleep. Keith brought the blanket up to his chest to cover his body and watched as Shiro sat on the edge of the bed.

"Morning," he said.

Keith made a low hum as if to say it back.

"Wanna go to work with me today?"