~Chapter One~

(Y/N POV)

*Flashback*

"Why...?" Evan asked me, tears pouring out of his beautiful brown eyes. I hated seeing him cry...it broke my heart, especially knowing it was my fault, I hated that...

"Why what...?" I replied, voice shaky, and tried my hardest to swallow the lump in my throat. My voice cracked terribly, and Evan seemed even more hurt, which caused me even more pain, if that was even possible...

"Why do you have to leave...?" he begged, reaching for me...

"I'm sorry..."

*Flashback over*

I woke up in a sweat, remembering that day like it was yesterday...I missed him and Jonathan dearly, but I doubted they missed me since I had to leave when I was 10 years old. My parents had abused me severely, making me afraid of everyone...except them...they made me calm and happy.

The morning sunlight seemed bright, but had a gloomy feel to it, weirdly suiting my current mood at the moment. I decided to get up and get ready for work. I love my job so much, the "uniform" just had to have the company colors, and there's adorable cats there too, since it's called the Neko Cafe.

For some reason, I felt compelled to wear something a bit risque...like maybe a skirt or dress. I just hope it looks good on me. I decided to go check out my options in the closet for what kind of risque outfit I'll go for today. I pulled out a very pretty black skirt that hugged my curves very well and went about 3/4 of the way down to my knees. I put on my usual black flats and my favorite (f/c) blouse that I then tucked into my skirt.

(Time skip brought to you by HOOODIINII~!)

I was about halfway into my shift when I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my side. The pain made me wince slightly, but that was enough for my supervisor to notice.

"Are you okay, (Y/N)?" she asked, looking at me from behind the stove/oven, pulling out some freshly baked brownies and other sweets and setting them down on the counter to start preparing them for the bakery case.

"I think so..." I replied hesitantly, rubbing my side softly before another sharp pain attacked my side again, making me hiss in pain. She also saw this and walked over to me, a worried expression on her quite attractive face.

"That's enough for today, (Y/n), you can take the rest of the day off, I'll still pay you for the rest of your shift," she insisted, pulling me gently towards the door. I felt bad for having to leave early, but doubted I could finish the workday. I sighed and decided to head home.

(Time skip brought to you by puncakes)

I opened my door, feeling pained still yet also guilty for having to leave early, but what could I do? She forced me to take the rest of the day off, but the fact I was being paid for the rest of my shift made me feel better. I changed into a cute yet funny black tee that said "I won't quit but I'll cuss the whole time" and some black shorts. After I changed, I decided to go take a nap in hopes that I'll feel better.

(Time skip brought to you by GIVE BIRTH!)

A crash of glass shattered my ability to sleep and instantly had me on edge. I debated for about a minute whether or not I should get up when there was a sound of footsteps close to my bedroom, freezing me in place for what seemed like forever. Before I had much time to react, the door was thrown open, making me yelp in fear and surprise before someone else had apparently came up from behind. Stuffing a rag with chloroform over my mouth, I had a few seconds of consciousness before passing out. The last thought I had before slipping into unconsciousness was...

"Why me...?"