Chapter 8

Clyde's POV:
I wake up before everyone else and flutter my eyes open. I slowly move, trying not to wake up Token who was sleeping next to me. I put on my letterman jacket and get ready as Craig wakes up soon. "Well, you're up early." He yawns, slightly moving Tweek off of him and putting the blanket they were sharing on him.

"Yeah, uh, should we wake the others up? We have a little over half an hour to get ready." I smile awkwardly. "Oh, yeah probably." He says, gently shaking Tweek.

 "....What time is it...?" Tweek says, rubbing his eyes.  "It's 7:30, babe." Craig grins at the blonde, running his fingers through Tweek's hair, helping him up. Token eventually wakes up and sees us. "Good morning." He smiles and yawns. We all say good morning back, clear tiredness in our voices. 

We get ready eventually and Token's mom enters the room. "Did you boys already have breakfast?" She asks. "No, we didn't." Token says, fixing a sweater he put on. "Okay, I'll make you guys some pancakes if that's okay." She smiles. "Yeah, that's okay. Thanks, Mom." Token says, walking to the kitchen as we follow him. 

The pancakes are eventually finished and we sit down. I hesitate before eating. All that goes through my head is Dad yelling "Why did you go out to eat? You're never going to lose weight!". He had said that the other day and even though he says it often, it hurts every time. 

Token's POV:
Craig, Tweek, and I start eating and I look over and see a distracted Clyde. "Clyde, you okay?" I ask, snapping him out of it. "Oh, yeah. I'm fine." He weakly smiles, making me realize he's probably thinking about his dad. "Clyde, c'mon, you have to eat." I say with a worried face. "Alright..." He quietly says, eating a little bit of the food. He didn't eat much, but it was better than nothing. 

We walk out the door after finishing and I drive the guys to school. We arrive and get our stuff from our lockers.

 I pull Clyde away from the others around a corner. I see the sadness in his eyes and speak up. "Is it your dad?" I ask. He nods weakly and shows me his phone. My eyes widen as I read the message.

"Clyde where the fuck where you last night?!" One text reads. 

"I lost my fucking job and it's your fault! You let me get drunk the other night! You could've made me do my work!" Another reads.

"You better come home tonight, I swear." The last reads.

Clyde tries his best not to cry and I pull him into a hug. "Everything's gonna be alright, okay?" I tell him in an attempt to comfort him. "I promise he is not going to hurt you anymore. You're gonna be okay." I say, trying to sound my strongest for him. Clyde tightens the hug and hides his face in my shoulder. "Thank you..." He smiles over his tears. I wipe his eyes and smile as the bell goes off. "Now let's get to class before we're late." I smile as he wipes his face in his jacket. 

----------------------------------------------

The school day ends and we meet at the front of the school to walk home like always. Clyde looks upset, looking down at the ground as we near his house. I want to take him home, away from his dad but I know I'll get in trouble if I do. 

"Bye guys, see you tomorrow..." Clyde sighs. I give him a tight hug "Be safe, okay? I promise everything's gonna be okay." I say, releasing the hug, smiling. He gives a small warm smile back and walks inside.

I reach my house and enter. I fall onto my bed and watch some TV. I text Clyde to make sure he's okay. "You made it inside alright, right?" I send. Time goes by and he still hasn't answered. I sigh and walk down for dinner. "Token, you alright? You've seemed...distracted lately. Is everything okay?" Dad asks. "Yeah, everything's fine. Just...Clyde's been...struggling, I guess you could say." I say before beginning to eat. "You really care about that boy don't you?" Mom smiles. "Yeah..." I warmly smile, looking down. 

I finish my food and go up to my room. I check my phone. 'Craig: 3 missed calls.' 'Tweek: 7 missed calls.' and one text from Clyde. Before calling the guys back, I check the text, scared. "Yes, everything is okay. No need to worry." The text from Clyde reads. That's... weird. Clyde never texts like that. There wasn't a single spelling error, it can't be him.

I call Tweek back first since there were more calls from him. "Hello?" I answer. "Token! Thank God you answered! You have to get here quick, holy shit!" Tweek says, fear in his voice and Craig is heard in the background. "W-What's going on?" I ask, scared.

"It's Clyde."

Sorry this was kinda short oops