Chapter 10

warning: Clyde being cute af

Clyde's POV:
I wake up and see Token still asleep, his head resting against the hospital bed and holding my hand. I warmly smile and nudge him gently, causing him to wake up. "Oh, hey Clyde. You, uh, feeling any better?" He asks, a smile immediately appearing on his face. "I'm doing better." I smile, looking down. "That's good." He grins as a doctor enters the room.

 "Oh good, you're awake. If I could just have you sign a few papers you can be on your way." The doctor says. I get out of bed, Token helping me and sign them and soon exit the building.

 "We can take my car." He says, taking out his keys as we near his car. I nod and carefully sit down in the front seat. 

A few moments of silence go by until I speak up, my heart beating fast. "Hey Token, um, about last night...The, um...kiss..." I fidget with my fingers. "Oh, I-I'm sorry, I really shouldn't have done that. I'm so sor-" He says, his face red. as I cut him off.

"I like you too..." I say quietly.

"Y-You do...?" He asks, his eyes wide as we stop at a red light. I nod and hide my face in my hands. 

Token looks down in shock and warmly smiles. "I love you more." He laughs. "What? Nuh-uh!" I smile. "Yeah-huh!" He laughs as the light turns green again. 

My smile lessens and I look down. "How did you know? How were you so sure?" I ask, raising my head and tilting it. "Clyde, you were pretty obvious." He laughs, looking at the road. "Coming from the guy that volunteered to cuddle." I chuckle. "Fair enough. Anyway, we're here." He grins, parking the car in the driveway. 

I grab my letterman jacket and jeans that I had with me and meet Token at the front door. His mom opens the door and smiles. "Oh hello, Clyde." She lets us both in. "I got your text, Token. He can stay in one of the guest rooms." She says. "Wait, can I stay with Token?" I ask, my face red. "Well, uh, I don't see why not." She says. I smile and walk up the stairs with Token to his room.

"I need clothes." I say, sitting down on his bed. "I thought you had your own?" Token asks, confused. "Nooooo." I say, getting up and opening his dresser. I grab one of his purple sweaters and put it on over my white shirt I was wearing and giggle. "You better not steal all my hoodies." He laughs. "I can't promise that." I smile. The sweater was a bit big on me so my hands didn't go all the way through the sleeves but it was comfy as hell. 

I fall back onto the bed and take out my phone. "It's nice seeing you back to normal." Token smiles, sitting down next to me. "Yeah...Sorry about all that drama with my dad, heh." I nervously smile. "You probably wanna know what happened, huh?" I ask. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Token says, looking into my eyes. "No, I feel like I have to...It's only fair..." I say, my eyes tearing up already just thinking of it. 

"Clyde, you don't have to tell me. I understand that it's probably scary enough just thinking of it." He says, hugging me. "If it makes you uncomfortable just thinking about it then don't feel like you have to tell anyone. I don't want to see you sad..." He says, still hugging me and running his fingers through my hair. "You've made it through all of this. I don't think you realize how strong that makes you. You're still here safe. From this point forward everything's gonna be okay, alright? And I swear that promise will stay true this time." He says, wiping my tears and releasing the hug.

 "Now let's get some tacos." He smiles, helping me up. "Really??" I smile and gasp, my eyes lighting up and my mood immediately changing. He nods and opens the door, as I grab his hand. "Wait wait wait, Token guess what?" I grin. "What?" He responds. I kiss him on the cheek and giggle as his face goes red. "C'mon, you dork." He laughs, walking down the stairs, holding my hand. I skip down the stairs and walk quickly to the kitchen, shaking with excitement, smiling brightly. 

"Okay, get the taco shells. They should be in the top cabinet." Token says, opening the fridge. I try the open the cabinet but can't reach. "Tokennnnnnnn." I whine, reaching up to it. "Hm?" He turns around and raises an eyebrow. "I can't reachhhh." I whine again. "Shortie." He laughs, opening it easily and taking out the taco shells. "Hey, I'm not short, you're just crazy tall!" I smile. "Mhm, sure." He laughs again, getting out plates. "Okay, now make yours. I'll make mine." He says, getting ingredients for himself. I nod and start to make mine.

After five minutes or so we both finish ours. "Token look! I gave it a lettuce mustache!" I giggle, showing him my taco. "Oh my god." He laughs, walking to the living room and turning on the TV. "What movie do you wanna watch?" Token asks, sitting down. "Uhhh, The Lego Movie." I say, grabbing a blanket and putting it around us. "Clyde, I..." He facepalms, smiling. "What? You asked." I laugh. "Alright fine." He grins, putting on The Lego Movie.

Token's POV:
An hour or so passes and I look over at Clyde who's in tears. "They super-glued his parents..." He frowns. "Do you need some tissues?" I smile, handing Clyde a box. He nods and takes two. "Dude, The Lego Movie is sadder than, like, the Titanic. At least in The Titanic they didn't get super-glueddd, it was just two old people in a hospital telling storiesssssss..." He says. "Clyde, that's...that's The Notebook..." I sigh, smiling.

"I wanna take a nap." He says, leaning against me. "Okay." I laugh. 

"Goodnight, Token." Clyde smiles.

 "It's daytime." I respond. 

"Well, good day." He says.

"Now you just sound British." I chuckle.

"Just go to sleep." The brunette laughs, closing his eyes. "Alright, good day." I smile, closing my eyes. "Good day." He smiles back, falling asleep.