Chapter 23

Carol's POV

Carol was in complete shock. Thor really did love her.

In her head, their moment wouldn't be anything like this. Preferably somewhere sunny, no guilt, and no tears.

But here they were, embracing each other. The sweetness of the moment made Carol never want to let go. She wanted to be stuck in this second forever.

Time could pass, seconds, minutes, hours, years even, and Carol wouldn't care. All she cared about was Thor.

"That. Was. Adorable!"

Pulling back, Carol and Thor both stared at Rocket, who was standing in the open doorway, looking incredibly pleased at finding free drama.

"How long have you been standing there?" Carol was honestly not happy at the idea of Rocket sticking his nose in her and Thor's business.

"Long enough. Hey! Don't look at me like that! Imagine how thrilled everybody's gonna be!"

"Are you kidding me?" Thor looked as displeased as Carol felt.

 "Come on Thor! Carol's fine with it, look, her face is completely neutral-"

"Whenever I pull a neutral face at a statement like that, it means you are about to be strangled and should probably shut up." Carol told him as politely as possible, hoping he would take the hint and leave.

"Ah, well you can't have everything I guess. But that's not the reason I came here. Carol, your ride to Nefa is here."

Carol felt disappointed. She wanted to stay here with Thor, although she knew she was needed elsewhere. She pulled out her pager and handed it to Thor. "Keep in touch, okay?" She whispered to him.

"Of course my queen." Thor kissed her forehead.

Watching Morag fade into the distance, Carol knew everything would be all right.