[Angst/Songfic] N: Seasonal Feathers

Silent tears were streaming down the face of a particular (H/C) haired girl as she was frozen in shock, staring at the badly wounded state of the person she loves. Without a care for what's going on around them, she dashed straight towards the green-haired male, hugging him tightly in an attempt to shield him from the villainous team nearby. Luckily, before the situation escalated, a foggy mist surrounded the two individuals before they were safely taken away from the chaos.

"Oh my Arceus... Look at the state of you two..." Concordia muttered out in a worried tone while (Y/N) shook her head. "I'm alright, just please try and save N!" the (H/C) haired girl begged, earning a nod from both goddesses before they carried him off to tend to his wounds.

* * *

Once (Y/N) wrapped up the last of her wounds, she stood up and made her way to the room where N was at. She couldn't brush away the thought of him being hurt and it pained her every time she remembers his body covered in wounds. Leaning on the door frame, she noticed the worried looks of both Concordia and Anthea.

"Is everything alright?" (Y/N) asked, making Anthea flinch before turning to face the bandaged girl. "We were able to heal his physical wounds but he isn't waking up... An attack must've hit him head-on..." Anthea answered in a shaky voice. (E/C) coloured eyes widened in shock as the injured girl walked closer.

They were right. He physically looked fine, his wounds seemed to have healed nicely, but his eyes were closed and his breathing was heavy. It was as if he was in a state of deep sleep, but they knew better. (Y/N)'s lips quivered as she plopped down on the chair beside his bed. "I-is there any antidote you can make that can wake him up?" (Y/N) asked, as she held N's hand in her own. Without facing the goddesses, she got an answer; "There is, but we're going to need a lot of ingredients." Anthea answered back. "We can actually obtain all of the berries and such... But the key ingredient would be difficult. It's the revival herb." Concordia continued.

"Judging by his condition, it's going to take a large amount of it for the medicine to be effective. The problem is that we don't have enough money to buy the amount we need in the first place..." Concordia finished off, as she shook her head.

"How much are you going to need?" (Y/N) asked once more, without breaking her soft gaze from the male. The goddesses exchanged worried glances at each other before Concordia replied, "25 bunches..." Hearing that answer, (Y/N)'s eyes widened as she snapped her head towards the blonde female. "T-that's worth at least 70,000 pokédollars!" the (E/C) eyed girl exclaimed, receiving slow nods in return. Earning that much money in the first place was rather difficult because none of them were trainers, so they couldn't join any competitions or battles at all.

Biting the bottom of her inner lip, (Y/N) thought about something before she stood up and smiled at the goddesses, "Don't worry about it... I'll get you those herbs~" she softly said before she made her way out the door. Right before she left Anthea called out to the female, "What are you going to do?" Softly laughing, the girl gave the two a bright smile, "Nothing illegal I promise~! I might be gone from time to time but please don't go in my room ok?" she answered before walking out the door.

(Y/N) was deep in her own thoughts and couldn't help but remember the first time they met:

It was during the winter season, where the snow created a quiet winter wonderland. A small cottage deep within the woods was inhabited by the green-haired male and some wild Pokémon who took refuge from the cold. When playing around with the Pokémon, N heard a knock on the door. "Who's there?" he called out in a serious tone, automatically going on high alert due to his rocky relationship with Team Plasma. "H-hello?" a soft female voice answered, making the male relax a bit. He walked towards the door and slowly cracked it open to reveal a (H/C) haired girl with sparkling (E/C) eyes. She smiled softly before she continued talking, "I-I'm sorry for randomly knocking, I'm a lone traveller a-and the weather isn't helping me at all... I don't have any Pokémon either so I can't really fly to the closest town... W-would it be possible if I could stay with you for a while?" the female asked, as she grasp her white shawl tighter.