[1]

Yotsuki Himari

I opened my eyes, calmly, used to the presence of a looming figure above me. Its bloody face, no longer frightening me. I slammed my alarm clock off and got up to go and wash my face with cold water to further wake me up.

In the toilet, I quickly tied my hair back and turned on the cold water on the faucet. Without hesitation, I used my hands to splash water on my face. My eyes were kept tightly sealed as I used my morning face wash. After washing my face, I grabbed the towel hanging just beside the faucet and pat dry my face and only then did I open my eyes, only to come face to face with a wrinkly face on the mirror right in front of me.

I sighed, brushing my teeth quickly.

For breakfast, nothing much, I prepared some toasted bread and fried eggs. As well as my bento box, rice and sausages, some greens and pickled radishes.

Today is my third month working at one of the worst public highschool in Tokyo. The students were very rowdy, problematic, failing, depressed, insane! The teachers can't do anything more but to either expell the problem students or suspend them for a long time. More amd more teachers would resign as time goes by and no new teachers would apply becuse of the school's bad reputation.

I didn't want to work in that kind of workplace but my professor in college recommended that place to me and begged me to help there. So I walked in and applied as a school psychologist with a lot of hesitation and doubts. However, when I received my first paycheck, I decided I would suck it up and work there. They paid me big sums.

I got out of my old rubbish car and walked in the school with confident strides and to my office, located at the first floor, just beside the infirmary.

When I first started working here, students didn't like me. In fact, they hated me because teachers would send them to me if they did something terrible. They would put glue on my chair, pour water on me and ignore me. Some students even used my office to sleep and cut classes.

But I got pissed. My patience snapped and I started doing my job properly, finding out what the fuck their problem was and whooping their ass. Well, not really... But you get the point.

Now, the students there look up to me, adore me like a sister. Specially since I was just 3 to 5 years older than them.

I sat back on my chair and wondered what would happen today. Because with my weird ass abilities and my work in this school, I never have the same day twice. Just yesterday, I got a confession from a student that he failed suicide four times in a row... It was the work of his late grandmother... The weak rope, the dull blades, the placebo sleeping pills, those weren't coincidences. Those were the strong will of someone who cares for him, his late grandmother.

I closed my eyes for a bit and opened them only to see a crying figure in one corner of the room. She sat down, curled and hugging her knees. Her whales and her sobs were deafening to the ears.

Huuuuuhhh

Huahhhhh

Whyyyy

Huhuuu

Whyyyyyyyy

I massaged my temples, my head starting to ache at the noise she was producing. Really, I tried communicating with her, asking her why she was crying but she never replied. She looked to be around 6 years old and I met her when I started working here.

Black hair...

Black suit....

Millionaire....

Investigator....

What was that? The image of a man, driving a luxury car and a tub filled with bills flashed inside my head. The voices I could hear started whispering and making noises that were too much for me to handle. So I slapped my hand on the desk, silencing everything I keep on hearing.

Just as I stood up, a boy with bleached hair and goofy hair entered my office.
"Sensei, I'm suspended and was told to help around in here." He said, smiling sheepishly. This kid's name is Eichi, a second year student, on the brink of expulsion. He's a regular in my office and among all the students, he's probably the closest to me like my own little brother. Yes, he's a trouble maker, he talks back to teachers but he's a good kid. He's just very prone to negativity and bad entities always cling onto him, making him do bad things. I'm on the process of helping him out discretely.

"Eichi, nice timing. Stay here in my office and when the clock strikes 10.17, a man with sleeked back, black hair and luxurious black suit would come and look for me." I started instructing the kid. I was gonna be going out for a bit to pay some of my bills because I only noticed it now, it was written on a post-it note on my desk... My bills were due today!

"Do you know him? A lover?" He teased me, his eyebrows twitching up and down.

"I don't know him. Oh and serve him black coffee, three teaspoons of sugar." I said, grabbing my purse and running out and to my car.

I drove by the busy highway. Rushed on a green light and stopped on a red light. I had to get to the bank if I want to pay some student loans as well. I frowned, when I looked at the rear view mirror and saw a teen girl, almost the same age as me, with a sad smile.

Will you help me?

I heard.

Please help me...

Pleaseee...

I let out a chuckle. "Wait a second, sweetheart... I'll help you... But after I pay my bank loans."