[4]

Third Person

The police were in total turmoil, everyone were alert and were doing their best for the missing girls but it was impossible. There weren't any traces left behind by the kidnapper that could be led back to him.

The police searched every nooks and crannies of the places where those girls were last seen. CCTVs from the traffic lights, convenience stores and other establishments were searched thoroughly. The cars in those CCTV would turn out to be stolen ones and by the time they find it, the interior would be so clean, it reeks of ammonia. No fingerprints of anyone, no fibers of anything. Nothing.

The police, without any leads, were at a dead end. Those girls, it seemed like they disappeared in thin air. That is why they had no choice but to get everyone to work together and even called for something they believed to be impossible. A psychic. That person turned out to be Yotsuki Himari. Kambe, upon being tasked with bringing the said person back to HQ, didn't know the girl is highly connected to the supernatural but even if he knew, he would never believe it.

But the reason why their department got her first was because of desperation. The families of the girls have a reward for those who find the girls first. Kambe didn't need any reward because in his mind, he gives the reward and not the other way around. Well, yes, for him, finishing a job successfully is already a reward in itself. It was just their department needed improvements so the chief wanted Yotsuki to be on their team.

"We appreciate that, Yotsuki-san." Kato smiled. He held respect for her specially since she had empathy, something he cares most about.

The woman ran her eyes over the pictures of the missing girls and when she saw the familiar face, she immediately pulled it and separated it from the rest. It took a few minutes of silence with her, closing her eyes and then opening it to take another picture and another, separating those from the rest.

To the normal eyes, it seemed like a peaceful and easy game of picking some pics you like. But for Yotsuki Himari, it was completely the opposite. She closed her eyes, delving deeper in the spiritual realm, connecting with the spirits and the energies. With her mind's eye, she could see horrifying images of mutilated bodies.

When she opened her eyes, she looked at the pictures. Pulled out a picture of a girl, she saw in her mind. The girl was begging her for help, she was crying blood... Yotsuki placed the picture on one side and then closed her eyes again, but this time, she saw a shelf with mason jars.... In those mason jars were pairs of eyes.

"Uck!" Her own pair of eyes snapped open. Her hands flew to het mouth, forcing it shut as she felt bile rise up to her throat.

"Are you alright?!" Kato asked, qyickly running off to his desk and then grabbing a plastic bag.

Meanwhile the fancy Kambe, stood up quickly, the view of his favorite car covered in puke was still fresh in his mind nd no way in hell was he gonna be covered in puke. A look of disgust crossed his face but he quickly hid it with his usual bored expression. Except, everyone could see the beads of sweat forming on his forehead, indicating he was actually riled up.

"I'm alright."  She said, taking deep breaths. "More importantly, these..." She pointed to the group of girls on her left side. "They have expired."

Suddenly they were enveloped with darkness. For a police officer, protecting the citizens is their number one priority but knowing they failed to do so was a huge punch in their faces. Except for Kambe who lacked the most basic of human emotions. He didn't feel sad at all, in fact, he was confused because everyone else were. "How were they killed?" He asked like it was the most natural thing to do. So Kato looked at him with a disapproving glare. With a deep breath, Kambe spoke one more time. "If we find out, we may find a lead."

He was right, any method of killing could indicate anything about the kidnapper - now a serial killer.

"Their eyes were mutilated and preserved inside mason jars." Yotsuki said. "The wounds were clean so I can only assume the girls died before their eyes were gauged out and their bodies were chopped into pieces"

How detailed. It held more information than all the information the police gathered altogether. It was too precise, Kambe found himself frowning. He didn't trust her amd so he put on his glasses and immediately started evaluating the girl.

Himari was sweating and her pupils were trembling. Her heart beat drummed against her chest and her breathing was labored.

Those were obvious signs of lying amd his glasses confirmed it for him. According to the technology, the girl was lying and so he decided to not trust her.

"Yotsuki-san, do you by chance, know where the bodies are?" Kato asked, watching his words because to him with kind eyes, he could see that the girl was shaken up by her visions.

Two boys with totally different personalities like north and south. One went right and the other went left. When the sun rises, the other one sets. They were both so different yet so similar. Like north and south, they were both directions. Like the sun and moon, both provides people with light. So naturally, they had their own views on the girl, Kambe thinks she's lying but Kato believes her one hundred percent.

"... The dead girls... Buried under the soil of the famous camping spot, X mountain." The girl explained. "Their eyes, at a cream colored house with dark blue roof tiles." She described.

With a determined look, Kato rushed out to get some officers to the camping site to confirm the bodies. Meanwhile Kambe already asked HEUSC to search for houses that matched the girl's description, owned by a person who works in a field related to medicine.

"You think I'm lying, don't you?" A sudden question came from Himari. She smiled sadly, knowing the familiar sense of being thought of as a liar. It summed up her entire life. People think she's a creep or that she's faking everything. That's why she started to keep it a secret and everyday, she hoped that her abilities just vanish. Except, it didn't, it only got stronger.

"There's no reason why I should believe everything you say." Kambe defended his side. But what he said had no faults, as a police officer, he believes in facts and not some weird fantasy stuff. For him, seeing is believing.

"Have you ever heard of Holmes' quote?" Himari asked and then quoted. "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"... I never had to rely on the improbable because I get the facts even if I had to get it illegally." Kambe said, unaffected by the girl's words.

"... Alright. I don't need you to believe me but please, right now, you have to because those girls are on the line."