[2]

Third Person

Eichi was left inside their school's psychologist's office and with nothing more to do, he sat behind her desk and logged on her computer. She didn't really mind it when students used it as long as they don't access 18+ websites and online games and as long as they accept chores in return.

The student looked at the time and it was already 10 sharp, reminding him that the guest was gonna be arriving soon so he went to the corner table where there was a coffee maker resting on top and a mini fridge under it. He recalled what she had told him around 30 minutes ago, to serve the guest black coffee with three teaspoons of sugar.

Their school psychologist was really nice but she could be very scary and creepy. She was very weird too, always spacing out and staring into something in the air. It was like she lived in a different world than them.

The bleached haired boy shivered as he put freshly ground coffee on the coffee maker. He noticed it a long time ago since he would always end up in this exact office because Himari was the only one who could handle his wildness. But in the office, he often felt ice cold spots, like he was standing in front of a freezer or sometimes, he would find things which had moved its place without anyone touching them. At first, he freaked out but then Himari told him a secret which explained everything to him.

He sat back down and continued watching a livestream of a game in youtube before he heard a knock coming from the door. He looked at the time again and there it was, 10:17 am. He was used to the weirdness of his favorite psychologist so he just kind of accepted her strangeness.

After three knocks, the door opened, revealing just as Himari had described. What's more is that, she mentioned she didn't know the man. "Good morning, I'm looking for Yotsuki Himari." The man said, entering the office.

"Himari-sensei was expecting you. But she went out on an errand and will be back soon." Eichi explained, following the instructions of his sensei. "For now, you can sit down and wait for her." The boy said, taking a cup and pouring first drip black coffee with three teaspoons of sugar.

The guest gratefully accepted it and was surprised at how the boy served him how he wanted his coffee. Black, bitter and sweet. He was pleased.

Meanwhile, Himari successfully paid off his loans that were due for the month and rushed back to the school. The man who came probably arrived already and was waiting for her. She didn't know why he would look for her but she sensed it would be something important. She could also sense a cheque worth a lot of 0's.

Where there was money, she wouldn't hesitate to go to it.

Eichi eyed the man sitting on the sofa, he observed the man, luxurious clothings, gold rolex watch... Gold cufflinks, straight and confident posture. No doubt, this guy is worth a million bucks and he found himself grin when he thought this guy might become his sensei's love interest. "Hey, who're you?" He asked, not to be rude but just curious.

The man pulled out something from the inner pocket of his black coat and showed it to him. He was with the Japanese Police. Now, he started panicking, wondering where the hell the woman in question is. And what the hell did she do to make a detective come here and look for her.

"Kambe Daisuke." Was all he said, with that bored look on his face.

"So what do you need from sensei?" The boy asked. "I get sensei is a little weird... She talks to herself a lot, stares at empty space a lot and somehow she knows everything that is going to happen, including you, arriving here."

That piqued at Daisuke's curiosity. First, they expected his arrival, second they knew his taste in coffee... How else would they know if they didn't spy on him. His eyes remained calm and waited for the boy to continue his rambling.

"So did she do something wrong? I mean... She's mischievous... But she's intelligent."

"She once told me a secret. She passed her licensure exam without studying. You know how? She told me she heard the answers because they told her..."

"Sensei is kind of creepy, she's like everyone's stalker. She knows everything even if it's impossible to know those details... She has eyes everywhere like a surveillance camera."

Eichi continued talking. He was getting excited just by talking about his sensei and even forgot that he was disclosing those things he had observed to a police detective. He continued telling the older man some random stories about Himari and only stopped when the door slammed open and in came a disheveled short haired girl. "I'm back!"

Himari quickly sat across the detective, quite happy and excited because according to her visions, a cheque with a lot of zeros is in store for her. "How may I help you sir?" She asked but quickly halted. "I forgot... I'm Yotsuki Himari." She introduced herself, bowing down.

"Kambe Daisuke." The detective said. "How much, for your services?" He asked.

Although Himari loved money, she was fair in trade and would charge the client depending on the level of difficulty of some patients. She's a little genius in the first place which explains how she finished her studies earlier than usual, well, with the help of her psychic abilities during exams of course. She's a genius and she loves money but with the spirits, she didn't lose the human side of her and the ability to sympathize and empathize with others.

"Well, who am I counseling?" She asked, eager to meet some people.

"..." In Daisuke's mind, nothing was making any sense. His boss at work requested for Himari because they said she had solved some cases before. "I thought you were a genius, that's why we need your help with a case."

She frowned. She didn't expect that at all. She thought, it was going to be just another counseling with some police who are mentally exhausted. "Sorry sir, but I don't solve cases." It was true, she doesn't solve them, she just manages to because she sees the past and she hears their voices.

The detective put on a pair of glasses that were a little bit tinted. They were just glasses but Himari felt extremely uncomfortable. It was like she could see her entirety.

"I'm just a normal psychologist." She said, trying to end the discussion. She didn't want to be involved in cases with dead people, she couldn't handle it. Yes she is a psychologist too but she knew if her mind broke down, she wouldn't be able to repair herself. Seeing spirits on their death is too terrifying.

"Lies." The man said. "How much do you want?"

"I don't solve cases... And even if I name my price, you wouldn't be able to give it to me." She said smugly.

Daisuke smirked. "Really? Try me."