*Chapter 3*

Makomo was hanging out with Giyuu in his room while Y/N and Sabito were outside.

Both of them snuck in trying not to disturb them. Well more like trying not to attract attention. Especially with Makomo. Y/N wanted to avoid her teasing.

When they successfully made it to their room they both sighed in relief. "I'm not too worried about Giyuu. I'm worried about Makomo." Sabito admitted.

Y/N nodded. "Yeah, same. I can't stand her teasing. She is too annoying sometimes."

"Hey can I cuddle with you tonight?" Y/N asked abruptly. Sabito exploded red and shot her a confused look.

"Um what do you mean?" He asked, playing dumb. But Y/N knew he wasn't that dumb.

"Like sharing the same futon? Nothing more." She said hiding her small blush with her hand.

"Oh, I guess I don't mind." He said, calming down a bit. She chuckled. "Thanks."

They slipped under and Sabito pulled the cover over the both of them. "What do you think Makomo will say when she sees us doing this?" Y/N whispered.

"I don't really know. And I don't want to know anyway. Let's just relax okay?" Y/N snuggled closer and hugged him around his chest.

He smiled at her actions and hugged her waist. It wasn't long before they fell asleep.

The Next Morning

"I WAS WAITING FOR YOU GUYS TO FINALLY GET TOGETHER!"

Sabito and Y/N both shot up from their shared futon and saw Makomo on their covers right in their faces.

"Makomo hush! It's too early in the morning to be yelling!" Sabito scolded her.

"So are you guys dating now?" She asked excitedly in her whispering voice. Y/N scratched her neck. "I guess you could say that." She admitted shyly.

Later

The three of them followed Urokodaki as he led them into a part of the woods that they haven't been to before. Y/N and Sabito held hands as they walked with Urokodaki.

He stopped at a clearing where there were three giant boulders, each decorated with a rope and paper decorations.

"If you three are able to slice through these boulders, I will allow you to go to the Final Selection." Urokodaki said.

And with that he walked away. Makomo knocked on one of the boulders. "These will be pretty tough to slice."

Sabito tried using an attack on one of the boulders and was unable to slice through it.

Y/N attempted to use multiple attacks but the boulders stayed strong. "How does he expect us to cut through these?" She muttered, clearly frustrated.

"It's a test. I think to see if we are worthy enough to enter the Final Selection." Sabito answered her question.

At Dusk

Makomo was doing exercises and practicing her martial arts. Sabito challenged Y/N to a duel.

She accepted the challenge and drew her blade. Sabito did the same. "I don't want to hold back on you, but at the same time I don't want to hurt you."

She shook her head. "No, give me your all, it will be good practice, and we can fight each other at our best."

Y/N ran and jumped at Sabito, her sword aimed at his face. He blocked it and pushed her back.

She flipped and landed only to rush and attack again. He blocked whatever attack she attempted to make. She tried using quick hit and runs, Sabito struggled to block her attacks.

"Come on Sabito! You can do better than this!" She yelled. He grit his teeth and blocked again, waiting for an opening.

He saw her coming and swiftly blocked her attack and pushing her back against a tree. She let out a gasp and her eyes widened when seeing Sabito rush toward her with his blade.

She barely had enough time to bring her blade to her defense as he attempted to break the block.

He kneed her in the stomach to let her guard down for a second. Then he took that opportunity to kiss her.

She looked shocked but seemed to melt into it too. He pulled away smiling. "I guess I win." Sabito chuckled.

She pushed his face away with her hand. "That's because you cheated!" Y/N laughed.

Giyuu saw them and smiled softly before walking away. Makomo came over and put her hands on her hips.

"Guys! We shouldn't be fooling around! We have to train so we can go into the Final Selection!" She scolded them.

"Oh, your right Makomo. We should stop playing around and actually get serious." Y/N said.

"I think we need to get stronger in our water breathing in order to slice those rocks." Sabito commented.

"I think your right. Let's work on that tomorrow okay guys?" Both Y/N and Sabito nodded.