*Chapter 6*

Sabito, Makomo, Giyuu, and Y/N all got up early to get ready for the Final Selection.

Sabito and Makomo put on their fox masks. Giyuu put his on the side of his face. Y/N did as well.

All four of them stood in front of Urokodaki. "I wish you all good luck. I will be waiting for you all when you get back. Please come back safe and sound, yes?" He said.

They bowed all at the same time. "Yes and thank you, Urokodaki-san." They replied, smiling at him.

They got into a group hug before leaving.

Waving, the four began their journey to the Final Selection.

When they got there, Y/n noticed all the wisteria trees surrounding their path.

She reached up and touched one lightly. "So much wisteria." She said in awe.

"Wisteria wards off demons." Giyuu replied to her comment.

They climbed up the stairs and were met with many other children waiting to enter the Final Selection.

"Wow, all these people are here to do the test too?" Makomo whispered to Y/N.

"Yeah, I guess so." She replied.

Two young children, one with jet black hair and the other with hair white as snow, introduced themselves as Kiriya and Kanata Ubuyashiki.

After they finished explaining what they had to do, Makomo became a little scared.

"We have to survive for seven days?! Isn't that a little too much?" She quivered with fear.

Y/N furrowed he brows. "We should all stick together. We are stronger that way."

"I agree." Giyuu nodded.

All four of them were watching from the trees.

They saw two other demon slayers running away from something.

Y/N jumped down from the tree and looked down the path, her eyes widened, seeing a morphed demon, it was giant. Green with a bunch of hands protruding from all over his body.

But she saw a demon slayer about to be eaten. She rushed there to save him.

"Y/N! Don't rush into battle without us!" Sabito and Giyuu yelled out to her.

The three of them followed her and saw the demon.

Y/N slashed the arm holding the demon slayer who was struggling to get out.

The demon slayer ran away, leaving Y/N behind.

The demon gasped seeing the fox masks. "Your all Urokodaki's little children aren't you?" The demon snickered.

"I will devour you all and enjoy it!" The demon cried out.

Y/N grit her teeth and gripped her blade. "Y/N! Are you alright?" Sabito asked her.

"Yes I'm just fine." She replied, sighing heavily.

Makomo adjusted her mask before readying her blade.

"I'm going to try taking it out!" Makomo said confidently. "Makomo no!" Giyuu yelled.

She jumped and had her blade above her head ready to slash.

But the one of the demon's hands shot up from the ground and grabbed her.

The demon's fingers took the nichirin sword and tossed it away. Then he opened his mouth and dropped her in.

"MAKOMO!" The remaining three cried out!

Sabito rushed and went to avenge Makomo.

"YOU'll PAY FOR THAT!" He screamed at the demon. But it simply chuckled.

He jumped in the air and managed to dodge the hands shooting up from the ground.

"SABITO!" Y/N yelled to him before extending a hand out to him.

He tried cutting the demon's neck but his blade shattered. Sabito's eyes widened in absolute fear before hearing the demon laugh.

The demon grabbed him and opened his mouth. Sabito struggled so much he didn't notice his mask fall off and hit the ground.

Sabito realized his fate had been sealed. There wasn't any running away from death. He turned his head to his girlfriend, Y/N. He mouthed the words I love you. She started tearing up and crying. He had a loving and sad smile on his face before falling into the demon's mouth.

Giyuu grabbed Sabito's mask before taking Y/N by her arm. "Come on, we don't want to be victims too." He said.

Y/N looked at him and also saw tears falling from his eyes too.

But the demon saw Giyuu and Y/N running away. "Not so fast, children!" He snickered.

A hand shot up from the ground and grabbed Y/N. "Y/N!" Giyuu cut the hand grabbing Y/N before taking her hand in his.

The demon didn't give up though. He shot out a hand from his body and it caught Y/N again in a tight grip.

"I won't lose you this time!" He said to himself.

It retracted and hovered her over his mouth. "NO!" Giyuu cried out before falling to his knees.

The demon swallowed her up and cackled manically. "Your turn!" He motioned to Giyuu.

He began running away, with his blade drawn. Hands shot up from the ground in front of him, Giyuu slashed them all.

He began running away in tears, in pain because he lost his only friends.

He looked down at Sabito's mask before hugging it close to his chest. "I'm sorry, I couldn't save you; Y/N, Makomo, Sabito." He whispered to himself.

The demon grunted in frustration before letting him go. "There will be more Urokodaki children next time." He muttered.

Giyuu managed to survive the seven days of the Final Selection.

Sabito, Makomo, and Y/N were the only ones who didn't survive. All the other demon slayers did.

When Giyuu arrived back to where the wisteria forest was, he had a shadow covering his eyes.

"I'll become a great demon slayer, in place of you, Makomo, Sabito, Y/N. You were all great demon slayers in my eyes already." he mumbled, while walking back to the starting place of the Final Selection.

Art is not mine