0

AN: Okay, so, first- welcome! I embrace my new readers with open arms! Now, let me explain some things to you before you read, THIS COULD BE IMPORTANT SO DON'T SKIP.

1.)There are OC's in this story. Just a few, though. I made them only to advance the plot, that's all.

2.)This chapter is for refreshing some on the Sludge Villain Incident and IS OPTIONAL.

3.) I do change a lot from the canon verse because it's important, but I try to do my best to stay as close as possible.

4.)This entire fic is going to be long.

5.) When the OC's pop up, I'll show a picture that shows you what they look like because I am pure a s s at descriptions.

6.)IDK about ships. Probably not.

7.)And finally, for my readers that just love to see a murderous Deku, there is a shit-ton of that.

Without further ado, let the story begin!

Deku POV• (Just for this chapter)

Kacchan's words were the weights bound to my ankles that drew me further into an ocean of self-doubt, pain, and regret. I have to dig deep within myself to obtain the smallest bit of motivation to keep going. Men are not born equal; that is something that I learned merely from existing. If you don't get what others got, you're useless, and that is a fact.

Something must be wrong with me. For some reason, some crazy and out of this world reason, I can't accept it. I want- no, need to become something greater than this person I am now. You don't need a quirk to be a hero- that's what I believe. If they don't see the same way, I will prove to them that it's more than possible.

Until I can get into UA, I have to put up with this cold and cruel world. You know, I don't feel that my class took my interest in UA so well- me being quirkless and all. Kacchan was a bit more bitter than the rest. I don't think he means what he said- for me to jump off the roof.

No. He didn't mean it. He's just...a different kind of determined. A much, much different kind.

I trace my thumb over the fragile skeleton of my once cleaner notebook as I near a tunnel. (Kacchan messed it up a bit) Come to think of it, perhaps he says things with a purpose. Although it's not what a person, quirkless or not, would enjoy hearing, I do hear it a lot. It's a dangerous world out there. Maybe I'm a bit over my head. Maybe I should just forget this whole idea. Maybe I should have just laid low...maybe...

Woah, wait, what am I thinking?! I shouldn't feel this way! No, I can't go down this road and fall prey to such things. I should hold my head up high and be proud of myself!

With my arm raised, fist clenched, and chest puffed and proud while I laughed my way through a tunnel, I instantly shut up at the maintenance hole cover rattling behind me. I turned, sickness bubbling in my throat as my eyes lock on a thick, filthy sludge emerging from the ground.

"A villain!" I shriek in my head, bolting the other direction as fast as I could. Too slow. He pinned me instantly. Easily. His grasp crushed my body like prey in the clutches of a vicious, starving snake. I could no longer breathe, thick sludge blocked my airways. "Calm down," the Sludge Villain crowed, words fading slightly. "This will only hurt for 45 seconds."

I'm going to die.

I'm going to die.

"Thanks for your help," the villain snickered. "You're my hero..."

I began fading further and further into black fog. My head is a massive stone that hammered and pulsated against my skull like a beating drum. The pain eventually melted in stages. Sharp! Shock. Pounding. Pressure. Soon, that died off too. I slipped away, letting go of my grasp to life.

...

"It's alright now, young man," A voice boomed, weaving hope out of words. "I am here!"

My eyes are weights; I can barely see who was there. A hero? Thank God...I'm saved...

Sky. I wake up to see the sky. I finally notice All Might who was hovering over me, knocking me back to conscious with rapid slaps to my face.

"Hey! He- oh, good!" He noticed me waking up; at the same time, I was rendering what was happening.

"Ha, sorry 'bout you getting caught up in my villain fighting," He apologized.

I suddenly felt dazed as I noticed his presence. All Might? Right here? No, we weren't supposed to meet like this! Not like this!

"Ah, but you were a big help, thanks!" He beamed.

This isn't real! This can't be-

Oh! Right! Autograph!

Wait, but he needs something to sign on. Notebook! Wait, where is...

"Oh, bet you were looking for this!" He displayed my notebook in his hand, smiling brightly.

HE ALREADY SIGNED IT?!

"Well, I need to take this guy over to the police." He patted the bottle containing the villain who was just trying to kill me.

"Wait, already?" I was confused. We just met! I wasn't even able to talk to him!

"Well then," he huffed. "I'm counting on you for your continued support!" In a flash, he was in the sky. I mean, we. We were in the sky.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey!" He gasped, shocked that I had clung to him.

"I.... have.... a lot of things I want to ask you directly!" My face was nearly peeling off the bone.

We argued on whether I should let go or not. Not, obviously. I would die. All Might sighed.

"Alright. Just- close your mouth." Nodding, I buried my face in his leg.