3- Accidents Happen.

PANG! Deku threw himself to his feet, wobbling as the stab of pain in his head knocked him off balance, sending him crashing back onto the pavement. His head whirled, vision shifting, but gradually, it came into focus. His eyes locked on a single shoe lying empty beside him—Tsubasa's shoe.

"T-Tsubasa!" Mumei screeched, launching himself to tug at the dumpster locked against the brick wall. Loud. Everything was so loud: Mumei's fingers slipping against the metal, the wheels shrieking and rumbling as the dumpster is pushed aside, and even the faintest breath that escaped his lips while he just stood there and stared, paralyzed by shock.

Eventually, Deku crept up behind the teen, who was stiff as a board beside him. The instant his eyes met Tsubasa, his hands flew over his mouth, nausea twisting his gut. Oh my god...! Oh my god!

Fragments of skull and brain popped from the scalp, some scattering along the walls and running through the dark blood streaming down his caved-in face. No eyes, the nose was ripped off. Blood everywhere. The spine sliced through the skin of his flattened and ripped open neck, far from where it should be. The torso is twisted, broken, crushed.

"He's dead."

A weight plummeted in Deku's stomach, trembling, terrified. Mumei turned to face him, a pained glare carved in his eyes.

"You...you killed him."

The two stared at each other, Deku's face twisted with horror. He shook his head in denial. "I..I...". He nearly collapsed, forcing himself to maintain distance between him and Mumei, who was creeping closer and closer, knife in hand.

"You monster!" Mumei shrieked, faint tears pooling in his eyes.

Deku's knees buckled and he hit the concrete, pushing himself away to keep the distance between them. A heel slamming into his stomach stopped him dead in his tracks, leaving him to stare straight back into crazed, revengeful eyes while thoughts clouded his brain. "I'm going to lodge this deep in your shitty little head. You're gonna pay for my friend's death, you bastard!" The knife was raised, gleaming from the blinding streetlamps. "Die, you useless, Quirkless shit!"

An idea snapped in Deku's head. Just as the knife fell, he powered One For All, hurling his heels into Mumei's chest, blasting him into the wall. Deku staggered to his feet but caught himself continuously after forgetting just how close he is to straight-up passing out. I'll knock him out so it's easier to take him to the police. Once he's being taken care of by the proper authorities, I'll just have to explain the situation to them the best possible. The smoke cleared.

"You...fuckwipe..." Mumei slurred, pushing himself from the crater in the wall. He swayed with imbalance, but his sharp eyes didn't part from Deku, who was engaged in a fighting stance. He trembled, the lingering image of what lay behind that dumpster repetitively jabbing his mind. Will they believe it was an accident? Should I just play dumb when they ask me? Should I just run away? No. No, I can't! What am I thinking?!

He lunged, fist clenched. Mumei was quick, seizing Deku's collar and chucking him with all his strength into the brick wall. The second the alley stopped shifting in his vision, he shot up. A knife whistled through the air, slamming into his shoulder's flesh, blasting a cold fire through his nerves. "GAH!"

Deku swiped his leg under Mumei's feet, knocking him to the ground, which gave him enough time to rip his arm from the wall and slide the crimson-stained blade from his wound, tossing it to the side. The teen didn't even get the chance to get back up and instantly earned an elbow to the head, seemingly knocking him cold. Deku took a breath, all the aches and throbs snaking back as the adrenaline washed away. He wrapped a turnakit around his cut that was gushing blood and went to lift Mumei onto his shoulder.