Chapter 1: Him.

"Rosalie! Wait up!"

I turn around abruptly after hearing my name being called. I see it's my boyfriend, Jason, running after me in the cramped up hallway in our high maintenance high school, Rosewood Academy. He finally catches up to me as i reach the main exit. I notice that his face looks all flushed.

"Jasonn, hey. What's up?" I try to say in a casual voice, but it turns more into a high pitched squeal, I feel the heat rising to my cheeks. So, I look away.

"Nothing much, but anyways I was wondering if you want to hang out this afternoon?" He askes me in his shy, adorable voice he always gets when he talks to me, as he reaches over and grabs the four extremely heavy textbooks I was holding. He obviously noticed me clearly struggling with them.

"Well, I actually have plans with Jess and Katherine. Sorry, another night?"I know i shouldn't lie to him, he is my boyfriend i have to tell him these things. It's just there has been something off about him lately. He has been acting weird and he gets angry all of a sudden for the slightest things. I suddenly realize that i don't trust him anymore, he is just isn't the guy i liked when i was dating in the beginning.

"Okay, I'll call you tonight. I promise." He clearly looked a little disappointed, but he had a hopeful look in his eye. I look him up and down.

He has dark brown hair, celery green eyes, tan skin, his smile and laugh makes about every girl stare and drool, his voice makes every girl melt away and fall for him deeply. I do admit i was one of those girls once. When i first met him, it was an instant attraction. Everything about him was striking. It wasn't until he starting talking to me i started to fall for him, even more after every word he said, every time he laughed, and every time he simply just gazed at me, i fell further into his spell. I then realized i didn't want to hurt him, i love him, don't I?

"How about we go see a movie tonight, we could see Oculus?" I know he would say yes he wouldn't be able to resist going to see a scary movie, there his favorite. I, on the other hand, don't care for them. They are alright, i suppose though. I offer him a smile, he takes the bait. He smiles back.

"I would love to go see Oculus with you, I will pick you up at let's say, 9?"

"That sounds perfect" He leans over and grabs my waist and pulls me too him. He kisses me slowly and gently at first and then his kiss becomes more lustful rather than loving.

I move my lips away from his hungry ones, grab my books and scurry off to my car. I drive. I have no clue exactly where i am driving to, but i don't care, all i do is drive. The one thing that i am for sure about is i don't love Jason, i just dont. I can't, not after what he did. I can't think of this right now, it's just, too much. After a while, i realize where i was going to. I pull into the parking lot at Jay Jay's Beach. Before i even realize what was going on i starting crying.

I cried for everything my life, Jason, but most of all, i cried for my mom. It has been a year, today exactly, since my mom was murdered. The reports say it was an animal attack, but i know it wasn't. If it was an animal attack, i would have said that it was accident not a murder. But no, it was not an accident. It was a murder. The police don't know that, but i do. I was...there when it happened. The thing is, i don't remember what exactly happened that night, all i remember was my mom lying on the ground and there was a guy standing over her corpse, i remember he started walking towards me and after that i completely blacked out. The whole night is just a hazy memory now, and believe me i tried to remember but its like something is stopping me from clearly seeing what happened that night... I push the thoughts away and try and focus on what i am doing here, at the beach.

I get out of the car with a sigh, and start walking towards the beach. I start walking to my spot that is isolated from all the others that come here, there isn't a lot of them though. I slump down and try to focus on the water. How the waves are crashing on the shore. How the salty ocean glistens in the sun. How the bird-

"Hi, is it okay if I sit here?" I look to my left to see who interrupted my thoughts. I was surprised that there was a guy standing in front of me. He literally took my breathe away. He had dark black hair that is styled in a way that looks like he just rolled out of bed, it really works for him. He has gorgeous light blue eyes, long thick curled eyelashes, and full bow-shaped lips. He had a tall lean, muscular body. I could basically see his toned abs through his tight black shirt. He had on a pair of dark wash jeans that had very small pre-rips on the pockets and his upper thighs. He smiled at me and i noticed that he has very deep (cute) dimples.

"Y-yeah, i mean yes it's okay." I can feel heat rising to my cheeks as i stared into those deep, light blue eyes. He smiled, and I was speechless.

"Thanks. I'm Damon Blackwell, by the way."

"Rosalie Jacobs, but you can call me Rose ." He gave me a half smile, and it made my heart melt. I smile back.

-----------

After what seemed like hours of silence he spoke up.

"Do you go to school here?"

"Oh, yeah i got to Rosewood Academy, do you?"

"Well, i start school there tomorrow actually."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Where are you moving from?"

"England."

"Why did you move?"

"Just needed to get away."

"Oh."

"So what are you doing here all alone anyways?"

"Just had to get away."

"Why's that?"

That's when i told him everything, about my mom. About what i knew really happened that night. I told him about Jason, Jess, Katherine. I told him about how i live with my only sister, Elena. I don't know why i told him all of it. I just had to talk to someone about it, it was just easier to tell someone i just met.

"I'm so sorry, Rose. That must be very hard on you, having to deal with all of that."

"Thanks."

I all of a sudden feel so close to him, i feel like i've known him my whole life.

"I should probably go, see you at school?"

"i'm counting on it, wait do you have a phone?"

"Oh, yes give me your phone." He hands me his iphone and i add a new contact and put in my number. I hand him back his phone and he smiles.

"Talk to you later Rose."

"Bye Damon." We turn around and go in opposite directions.

I walk back to me car and get in. I drive straight home.

I can't stop thinking about him. He was amazing but there was something weird about him though, it was as if i knew him before. He was so familiar, yet i couldn't quite realize where i remember him from. It was like the whole time we were together all my problems vanished completely.

--------