Chapter 5: One Kiss

When I get home, I see that the lights are on in the kitchen, a small part of me hopes that its my sister but I know that she deserves this trip and she shouldn’t be home. I probably just left the kitchen light on.

I walk inside, and still hoping it’s her I call out, “Hello?”.

“Hey” I turn around startled and see…

“Damon, what are you doing here?” I look at him with a questioning look.

“I needed to see you, because you wouldn’t talk to me at school or answer my calls and texts.” He slowly moves closer towards me, which is hard to do because our kitchen island is in between us. He moves around it and stops after a couple of steps, he was probably noticing my small steps backwards, away from him.

“Damon, I have nothing to say to you. You kept things from me, you lied to me.” I try to keep my tone calm but strong but it came out sounded more weak.

“But I do, Rose.” I steps closer again and this time I don’t move away, I notice that he is about 6 feet away from me.

“Damon, don’t.” I warn him, not wanting him to say anything more to me.

“Rose, look you don’t understand why I did what I did. Please just hear me out and let me explain my actions.”

“Why do you care if I forgive you or not?”

“Because I care about you, Rose. You are an amazing girl and I can’t lose you.”

“Well you obviously didn’t care enough to tell me, not keep it from me or even after that come and do everything in your power to try and talk to me. You waited until now, but now it’s too late.”

“It’s never too late, please just hear me out” He stepped even closer to me, I looked down to avoid his gaze. I couldn’t look at those beautiful, blue, pleading eyes much longer without falling into his arms.

“What exactly can you say to make me forgive you? Oh! That’s right. Nothing you say or do will ever make me forgive you Damon.”

“Just hear me out and after I tell you everything there is I have to say, then you can tell me there is nothing I can do. Please just let me try Rose.”

“No! You lied to me Damon!”

“Actually, I didn’t lie, I just didn’t tell you.”

“You are not helping you case.” I was beyond pissed now.

“I’m sorry, you’re right. Just let me explain my case.”.

“Why should I?” I gave him a daring look.

“Because I am the sexiest man alive as you very well know.” He gave me a sexy grin.

“You shouldn’t let things go to that big head of your.”

“My heads not the only thing that’s big.” He smirked at my astonished reaction.

“Eww.” I rolled my eyes at him, so much I swore I saw inside my head.

“Anyways, Rose, will you please hear me out. I need to know that I’ve tried everything in my power to make you forgive me if you don’t do so, after I say what I need to say.”

“Fine, you have exactly 2 minutes, make them count.”

“I know that to you it seems like we just met, but to me we are much more. I fell in love with you the second I met you, back when you mom was alive”, he stepped closer to me,”I never wanted to let you go. Rose you were, correction, are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I do stupid things because I want to protect you. If I lost you it would be an unbearable pain, I know selfish, right?”, he stepped closer to me now about 3 feet away,”You don’t deserve that though, and now I know that I was wrong for keeping those things from you. But what do you want me to say? I can’t change that but hell I would if I could. You are hurt now, and it’s because of me. Seems a bit ironic to me, because the one person I was trying to protect, I ended up hurting in the end. The point is, i’m sorry for hurting you, but i’m not sorry for trying to protect you because I will do everything in my power to protect you even if doing so, makes you forget me, or hate me. Please, forgive me of my mistakes, Rose.” I didn’t realize until now that he was like a foot away from me.

I didn’t think about it, I just grab him by the neck, pull him to me and kiss him. I instantly forget about everything else and think just about him, and what’s happening right now.

One kiss can change everything, and this one did. It changed things between me and Damon, it changed the way I felt about him, because in that moment I was beginning to fall in love with Damon Blackwell.