How They Hug You (Imagine)

I've been doing some really depressing stories recently so I thought I'd give you all (and myself) a break with something super short and absolutely adorable! Not gonna lie it's kinda hard for me to do super fluffy stories. They usually just end up taking a depressing turn somewhere...but not this one at least!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Engie

As friends

Engie, due to his short height, has grown the habit of hugging around the waist. He'll almost always ask you for a hug instead of just walking up and hugging you since he definitely respects personal space.

"Darlin! Ya mind comin here a minute?...ah'm kinda cold..."

When dating

Once you two start dating every now and again he'd hug you from behind while you're doing things. He always has a secure hold on your hips while he buried his face in your hair. He often talked about his day when he did this. Usually it would end when he whines in your ear about wanting a hug too. He'll do that until you are forced to stop what you're doing to give him your attention.

"sugarpea?...sugar ah know ya can hear me...c'mon whah dontcha take a break for a little whahle? Ah wanna hold ya!"

Pyro

As friends

They squeeze. It's never just a gentle side hug or anything. They'd come out of nowhere, pick you up off the ground and squeeze you as tight as they can. This usually leaves you breathless.

When dating

They have escalated the hugging. Now it is every time they see you and every time they have to leave you. Sometimes they'll straight up just not let go until you can't breathe anymore. There was one time where they had to bring you to Medic due to you passing out...you then had to set a certain amount of seconds that they were allowed to hug you to stop them from doing it again...

Scout

As friends

He was really into side hugs but even those were scarce. He never liked getting too mushy with friends. It was usually only when leaving each other for long periods at a time that you two gave each other side hugs.

"I'll see ya soon toots!"

When dating

Scratch the fact that he didn't want to be mushy, this kid was all over you now. He was commonly found hugging from behind you with his arms over your shoulders. It was cute at first...until he refused to let go and you had to spend a whole ceasefire day awkwardly walking around with him clinging around your shoulders and stealing bites of whatever food you grabbed...

You nicknamed him leech after that.

"Na, I don't dink I'm lettin go doll. You're stuck wid me!"

Soldier

As friends

Soldier wasn't really a hugging type of person. The closest you got was when he put an arm over your shoulder after a few drinks. He then began a drunken ramble about America that you couldn't escape because of the death hold he had on you.

"-AND THAT'S WHY I DON'T EAT GINGERBREAD MEN! THEY SERVED THEIR COUNTRY PROUD WHEN THEY WERE BAKED ALIVE FOR US TO EAT!"

"Soldier-...cant-...breathe-"

"YOU ARE RIGHT PRIVATE! THEY CAN'T BREATH! BRAVO!"

When dating

He didn't so much hug you as he carried you. You would just be having a normal day sitting on the couch, chilling, when suddenly you were pulled from your spot and into his arms. Every single time he did thid you made a squeaking noise and struggled for a minute before realizing it's him and proceeding to pout because he scared you. He found the reaction absolutely adorable thus leading to him doing it more. He usually walked around with you yelling for him to put you down. He would only ever set you back down when you threatened to steal his helmets and throw them in the trash.