Iced Coffee and Cherry Blossoms || Pt. 1

The cool spring breeze shifted your curtains as it moved through your window. The slight chill was welcoming as you snuggled under your thick blankets. The morning sun peeking through your curtains as they moved with the wind. You hummed as you slowly started to wake from a very restful sleep. Perhaps the most peaceful sleep you had in the past few days, you weren't being haunted by that same nightmare. Instead you were greeted with pleasant memories of your time with Ryuji and Ren. 

You stretched your arms above your head and extended your legs out, letting your joints softly pop back into their right positions after being still for 7 hours. You rubbed your eyes as you sat up in your bed, before you turned to check the time. Thankfully it was finally a day off from school and today was the day you had planned to meet up with Akechi. You pulled yourself out of bed to head down to get something to eat. 

As you made your way downstairs you could hear your parents moving around. When you got to the bottom of the stairs, there were a couple of suitcases in the living room. You already knew what those meant. Your parents had a business trip to attend. Well more like your father had a business trip and your mother always went along as well. This happened a lot when you were growing up, so you were quite used to the fact that you wouldn't find out til the morning they were leaving. After so many years of this, it didn't really bother you anymore. 

"Oh honey! I'm glad you're awake! Just in time too, I finished up some breakfast!" Your mother sang in excitement. 

You chuckled and took your seat at the dining table, "Business trip already?" 

Your father sighed and nodded, "Yeah, something about the company branch in Hokkaido needs assistance..." 

"Is there anything you want from Hokkaido, honey?" Your mother asked as she placed the food on the table.

"Anything is fine... How long will you be gone for?" You asked as you started to dig into the food. 

"Hm... we're hoping two weeks at the very least..." Your father heaved another sigh. You could tell that this trip was going to be more stressful than most of his business trips.

You just nodded in response as you continued to eat your breakfast. You didn't bother to listen to your mother ramble on about what she would do in Hokkaido or what she was planning to bring back. It didn't really matter to you, it was the same as usual. But before you could even finish your food, your parents had quickly put their dishes away. They were running late, as usual. You gave them a quick goodbye as they both kissed your head before they left for the airport. Then you were, once again, alone. 

You sighed softly as you looked around at the empty house. You were used to them leaving often, but it didn't mean that you liked it. Sure you had your freedom, but you wished they wouldn't leave so often. 

You shook the thoughts away and smiled to yourself. You'd have some peace and quite for the first time since arriving in Tokyo and you could invite your friends over to your house. You tried to focus on the positive rather than the negative. You didn't want to bring the rest of your day down. 

Bzzzzz. Bzzzzzz.

You blinked as you looked at your phone that was vibrating on the table. You picked it up to see who it was that was sending you a message. 

[txt from: Akechi-san] 
Good morning! I hope I didn't disturb your sleep, but I was thinking we could meet in Shibuya around 11am? 

[txt to: Akechi-san] 

don't worry about it, I was already awake. And sure 11 sounds good! Whats the plan for today?

[txt from: Akechi-san]
You'll see when we meet! I'll see you soon!