Awakening

It seemed as if the clock were moving slower than normal. The end of school seemed so far away, yet so close.

'5 more minutes... and then our plan will go into action. We have to avenge Shiho!' you thought to yourself, a brief image of yesterday's events flashing across your mind. You tapped your pencil against the desk impatiently, your eyes glued to the clock as the seconds ticked by. You glanced towards your left at Ann, she seemed to mirror your impatience and anxiousness to put the plan into action.

The two of you had discussed that you would just pack up like normal, you would pretend like you would ask Ren if he was ready. Of course, he would say he had something to do since you two heard of their plans during lunch. Ann would casually head out first as if she had a gig after class and you would leave soon after. It was perfect. The two of them wouldn't notice you... right?

"Alright class, that's all for today!"

At the teacher's words you jumped a little in excitement, your blood seeming to rush through your veins with adrenaline. You stretched before you slowly started to pack your things. You glanced at Ann and the two of you nodded towards each other, signalling the start of the operation.

"Ren~ You ready?" you asked as you picked up your bag and turned back towards the male.

"Ah- Sorry, (y/n)... I have a few things I have to take care of today... You go ahead first, I'll buy you cake tomorrow to make up for it?"

You frowned and nodded, "Alright... You promise you'll buy me cake?"

He nodded and chuckled, "I promise."

"(y/n)-chan, I'll see you tomorrow! I gotta run to another job!"

"Seeya, Ann-chan~!" you smiled and waved at the blond.

After she left, you and Ren made your way out of the class, "I'll see you tomorrow, Ren~" you waved as you turned to make your way down the stairs where you met up with Ann on the first floor. The two of you decided to hide away in the garden area just outside of the school's entrance and wait to see where the two boys would be going. Sure enough, on cue, the two made their way out and down the steps. You and Ann slowly trailed behind them, making sure that they couldn't tell that they were being followed.

Soon the four of you were in an alley. Then everything got a little blurry and you were back in the alley. But this time the two boys in front of you weren't wearing school uniforms anymore, instead they were clad in strange outfits and masks covering half of their faces.

"Whoa... what is this place?" Ann spoke out as she approached the two boys.

They turned around in shock as they heard her voice.

"Ann?! What are you doing here?!" Ryuji shouted.

"Hey, keep it down or we'll be noticed," a smaller cat-like figure next to Ren scolded Ryuji.

"Well... We want in on whatever plan you have to take down kamoshida," you spoke up as you stepped forward out of the alley as well.

"(y/n)-chan?! It's dangerous.. you shouldn't be here..." Ren said in surprise as well.

"But! We want to help!" Ann protested.

"No. You can't be here," Ryuji sighed and shook his head, "Man... we got to send them back..."

With that Ren nodded and the two of them pushed the both of you back towards the alley, suddenly you were back in the world you knew.

"WHAT?! HOW COULD THEY?!" Ann groaned in frustration.