The Search for Something More

Rose, Lucas, and Haley were at the music store looking through CDs.............

"Hey, guys did you ever hear of a UHF or their SARA?"Rose ask.

"Yeah, UHF. They're from Portland, right? They're good. Um, but with SARA, they're great." Lucas says back.

"Cool."

"Rosie no don't believe what he says stick to your music. They suck."Haley said walking up to her.

"Haha," Lucas says playfully hitting Haley." Just then Nathan walks in.

"You okay?"Lucas asks as Haley grabbed Rose's hand.

"Yeah, I can handle it."Rose as Lucas and Haley step away.

"I called your house. Your mom said you were here."

"Crap. I should lie to her next time."

"Look, I didn't know until Brooke read that note, okay? I didn't even know there was a note until later. I wouldn't do that to you." Nathan said really wanting Rose to believe him.

"Okay."

"Great, so... cool?" Nathan asks not sure.

"No, no," Rose says.

"Well, you, believe me, right?"

"Yeah, I believe you're sorry," Rose says

"Well then, what..."

"Look, this whole tutoring, hanging out, whatever it is, thing. It's just a bad idea. I'm done. I'm just done." Rose says walking away with Lucas and Haley.

***********************************************

Rose was at Karen's cafe drinking a cup of tea while Haley was filing the salt shakers.

Rose wanted to help but she was not feeling good so Haley made her tea and told her to sit down.

"We're closed," Haley says as Brooke walked in. Brooke looks at the door which says open.

"Oh, I get it. Closed to me. I don't blame you. I'd be a bitch to me to after last night.

"You hurt my best friends so yeah closed for you," Haley says.

"If I tell you to leave will you do it or do need to kick you out," Rose said getting up.

"You're feisty. I see what Nathan likes about you. Look, you're blaming Nathan for something that I did and that's not fair. I was drunk and I was pissed and I found your note and you know the rest...I want to make it up to you."

"By going away?"

"By hooking you and Nathan up tonight. What's your idea of a perfect date?"

"Watching you get hit by a bus," Rose says sitting back down.

"And that sense of humor... Nathan's really lucky. He'll be here at 7. Have fun." Brooke says leaving.  Rose and Haley just look at each other beofre going back to work.

***********************************************

Rose was at Karen cafe. She was almost done with her shift.

"Okay. Done. Catch. Rose said throwing Keith a rag, "I'm gonna head-" Rose said just as Nathan knocks on  the door

"Out."

Rose walks up to the door opens the door and steps outside.

"What are you doing here?"Rose asks him.