Chapter 1

ARRIA

"Shut up!" I whisper-yelled, trying my best not to be even a tad bit loud.

"You shut up!" He, also whisper-yelled in a low voice.

"No! You shut up!"

"No, you!"

"I asked you first!"

"Doesn't matter. Now shut up!"

"What? You're the one whose supposed to shut up!"

"No, yo-"

"Both of you SHUT THE FUCK UP!" 

All the heads in the dining room turned in our direction. All of them seemed shocked, maybe annoyed even? And looked at us weirdly...Especially the King. He didn't seem to enjoy being cut off mid sentence when talking about something serious.

He seemed astonished yet sort of angry like everyone else.

Oh shit...Fuck you , Gyu

But, he hurriedly masked his face with a cold expression again.

Ha. I saw that Dad!

Guess there was still some human part remaining within him...maybe. Back to the current situation.

I glared at Beomgyu from the corner of my eyes while keeping my head low and so did Soobin. He gulped.

"Did you say something, Boemgyu?" The king asked, in a low hoarse voice. His icy blue eyes watching the three of us like an eagle eyeing it's prey. 

I clenched my fists without even knowing. I wanted to look in his eyes with the same intensity  so badly but didn't dare to.

"N-no. I didn't."

"Good. Cause I thought I heard something very ill-suited and unfitting..," He clasped his hands together and rested his chin on them,"which I know a royal like you wouldn't dare to say." His voice had an underlying threat. His words were sharp and his orbs were even more harsh.

No one said anything or even moved. It's like everyone was paralyzed on their spots. 

With my head still lowered, my eyes darted around the large dining table.I could see mom, sitting on the right side of the king, looking down too. 

Why was she looking down..? Don't tell me even she's afraid of dad. 

Urghhh! At this rate, you've got to be kidding me.

Across from mom, on the right side of my dad, was sitting Uncle Sun. Soobin's dad and my father's younger brother.

Next to him was sitting Aunt Rose. Soobin's mother and my most trustworthy and favorite aunt. Next to her was Soobin, who was basically on my right and on my left was Beomgyu who was sitting next to mom. And the circle is completed.

All the chairs around the long off white table were arranged with equal distances from each other. They were covered in a soft red velvety covering which didn't feel comfortable at all in a strangling silence like the one right now. Also I felt like dying in the heavy and suffocating gown that I was wearing in a hot weather like this.

"So what were you telling me about this year's harvest, brother?" Asked the king abrubtly, looking at Uncle Sun and thankfully the tension everywhere died down a little as their conversation started.

"Ah, yes so the crops..."

 I saw everyone's muscles relax as they all breathed small sighs of relief.