Chapter Seventy Two

As the group rally towards the city where Chad and Carlos were helping, they could feel the battle falling. It was as if a darkness was falling upon everyone. But it wasn't a darkness. It was fear.

"We have to move quick!" Josh yells as he sends a bolt of fire towards an advancing enemy. Before bringing his sword and pulling it straight through his waist.

"We aren't far!" Jenna yells as she dodges a blade being sent towards her head, before forming an icicle in her hand and forcing it into attackers leg, Evie quickly grabbing his neck and snapping it before letting go of the body. And as they came up to the peak of the small hill, the city could be seen. But something was hovering over it. Something that shocked everyone par Mal.

"Josh, Get on!" Mal yells as her eyes emits a green glow as a most surrounds her, and out of the most a purple dragon steps out. Josh nods as he leaps on.

"Get to the city! We will hold off the Dragon!" He yells as Mals Wings spread and wind bashes against the ground as Mal and Josh take off.

"Harry! You're going to need a proper sword" Josh yells as he chucks down his sword, givi g Harry a wink before the two fly off into the Sky. Harry looks down at the sword and smirks as he nods.

"Why are we all standin' around. Let's go!" He exclaims as the group charge down to the City.

"Mal, I hope you know what you're doing" Josh mutters as they approach the city, feeling the hot air bashing against his face. His eyes glow bright as his hand erupts into flames, with his other supporting himself on Mals back. Within moments they were close to th eother dragon, and aan with a helmet with large dragon teeth on either side clock's them. His dragon twirls to face Mal who opens her mouth and a cascade of green flames blast out of her mouth. The other Dragon jolts left to dodge the attack as Mal swoops by, Josh sending a barrage of flames towards, which it dodges gracefully before flying straight up and spinning around and chases Mal.

"We've definitely got its attention"Josh says as he looks back.

'I really hope this works' Mals voice echoes in Josh's head and he raises his eyebrow at her.

"You HOPE" He exclaims before Mal swoops down, heading straight to the land below. Her wings tucked in as their velocity increases. Josh barely manages to hold. "Oh this is going to hurt" Josh sighs as the land below is only a few feet away before a spiral of green mist surrounds them and within a moment, he lands on his feet. And Mal had turned back to her Human form and rolls out of the way.

"Now!" She yells. Even though she gave him no direction, he knew exactly what he had to do. He steps forward as he feels his power surge through his body. Allowing himself to feel every emotional. Fear. Love. Hatred, compassion. Any feeling he could muster he channeled it into his power. And as he feels it press against his skin, he let's the power go. And from his hand flames flow from his hand with intensity. The flames crackled around him as he steps forward, energy flowing from his eyes as they were completely engulfed by an orange glow, like the center of a fire. And without even moving his hands, he directs it towards the coming Dragon. And it soars through the sky, spiraling gracefully through the air as it wraps around the dragon. Pain filled roars can be heard as the dragon is engulfed in the flames.abd with his mind, Josh condenses the flames and it begins to shrink into a concentrated ball. And within moments, it was as small as a tennis ball. But the Dragon was no longer there.

"Let go!" Mal yells and Josh does so. And the small fire ball explodes, the dark clouds of smoke ignite with the flames as it spreads across the sky. Within an instant the flame dissipates but the clear sky above can now be seen. The sun shining through as the fire around Josh subsides, causing him to stagger before dropping to his knees. Mal rushes over to help him up.