o n e

Hearing her name made his throat grow tight and his eyes go glossy. Losing his late wife was one thing, but it's the fact that their unborn baby had slipped away from his grasp also. That's what pushes the knife further into his heart any time anyone mentions her name.

Jayson hit rock bottom, harder than anyone he's known to. He was so miserable he tried to commit suicide three times, twice nearly succeeding if it wasn't for his housekeeper, Luna. After the failed attempts to end his life, it only made him feel a deeper remorse. He thinks that it's Gods way of punishing him by keeping him on this Earth. Although, that's not the truth, far from it. It's just the sick and twisted thought he's plastered into his brain.

It's not even as if he could escape the image that was submerged into his mind. His wife sprawled out on the floor, her once full stomach, now deflated and drowning in a pool of blood. Half of the car was compressed, the impact so hard it forced Leya out through the windscreen. Dying on impact.

His personal driver's limbs from the waist down detached underneath his clothes and broken; embedded into the dashboard. His screams and cries sounded as if it were the screams of people in the pits of hell, it could be heard from miles away. His life was able to be saved, but it resulted in him being paralysed from the waist down, his job as a chauffeur over abruptly.

Jayson remembers hearing the news as soon as his plane landed. His wife wanted to surprise him at the airport, but came into contact with a driver under the impression of alcohol. He remembers nothing that happened leading up to the moment he saw his wife on the ground with her eyes wide open and filled with terror. After that, he just saw shades of red and the rest he only remembers from what his father had told him.

His father hadn't interrupted Jayson's longing trance as he knows he's probably replaying the conversation he and his wife disputed before getting on his plane. He tended to do this to stop himself from 'acting out' as his father says. 

"Trust me baby, we are going to have it good. Once my old man passes down the reigns for his company, I'm going to give you and our baby the greatest life you could ever imagine" Jayson smiles through the phone.

He could feel himself bubbling with excitement as he boarded his private jet with a few of his business colleagues - all of which he considered most trustworthy as he allowed them on his jet after all.

"Even if you didn't have all the money you had or if you weren't going to get that position as CEO, my life would already be the greatest it could be, knowing I have the man of my dreams to go through it all with."

As cheesy as it may seem to all of his friends whenever he and his wife talk this way about each other, he doesn't mind it. It's almost hypocritical that he does speak this way as he always criticises couples in romantic comedies for being too cringeworthy and unrealistic when exchanging feelings.

Yet, something about when she says it to him, it makes his heart melt. Her sweet, soothing, Colombian voice makes him feel so safe and secure. All the more reason why he wants this plane to take off so that he can see his beautiful wife again.

"Oh Leya," he chuckles lightly "keep speaking to me like that and I might just fuck around and buy you a castle" he grins.

He laughs as he hears her gasp. "Jay, I love you for you, pero mierda if that's what I gotta do" she says, her Spanish slipping through.

"Do you think our baby is going to understand Spanish?" he genuinely asks waiting impatiently for the pilot to get ready to depart.

"Aye, I hope so. I need someone to cuss you out to when you get on my nerves yes" she giggles through the phone.