t h r e e

'Before things come together, they have to fall apart'

Alecia gets prepared to meet her new boss and gets herself into unreasonable situation.

———————————————————————

Monday morning rolled around the corner faster than Alecia had anticipated. She woke up early, the crack of dawn. Normally she would wake up later, but she had to make herself look as professional as she could be. She coerced herself to rid the phone call she was less than happy to engage with, from her mind.

Dragging her feet and her will to get up, she walked into the bathroom to brush her teeth before having a brisk shower to wake herself up. Releasing her hair from her satin black bonnet, she pondered on what hairstyle she wanted to do today, settling for a half up-half down style. Her hair cascading into beautiful raven curls down her back.

Her outfit choice was quintessentially Alecia. A fitted Stella Mccartney black peplum blazer accompanied with a white blouse and her signature bedazzled collar. Finished with a black pencil skirt that zipped up at the back and fell just above her knees, along with some black stilettos.

She always finds a sense of tranquility early on in the morning. Especially when she's sat outside watching Django run about her garden as the sun makes its appearance in the sky greeting the humans and nature a good morning.

The sky, currently a delicate pink and blue, lured her into a comforting haze. The glow of the yellow sun penetrating her pores sweetly. The tea that she was drinking was succulent and warm, travelling down her body.

She hates to admit it, but she is nervous meeting the son of her old boss. What if he doesn't like her, What if he thinks lowly of her? Normally she wouldn't let people's opinions cloud her brain, but for some reason, his awaited opinion on her seems to bother her. Much to her ire.

She can't say that she has a friend in that office, the only friend she did have was Bill Rowe. Sad? Perhaps. It didn't bother her per say, but now knowing he is gone, she doesn't have anyone else to talk to. Other than Cassie and Lola, but they both have their lives going on and Alecia would be too busy to engage with them at work anyways. 

She really needs some friends. She also really needs to get her ass to work so she makes a good first impression. With that, she ushers Django inside, locking the back door and smothering him in kisses. She puts on her coat and grabs her car and house keys and heads out the door, making sure it's locked.

—————————————————————

Alecia makes it to the foyer of the office building, greeting the desk lady with a polite hello as she scans her card on the check in. The elevator ride up to her floor was giving her a moment to think. Mainly about the future of the company, how many emails she will be bombarded with regarding the switch of the CEO.