Chapter 7

Time went by and Thomas and Minho still hadn't returned. All of a sudden the power turned on. This didn't feel right. I quickly got up and went back to join the others. They were all just as confused as I was. All of a sudden I heard yelling from down the hall. We all turned to see Minho and Thomas running back towards us. Something's wrong. After a few seconds I could finally make out what they were yelling.

     "RUN!" That's when I saw that they were being chased by a huge mob of what I thought were people but there was something off about them. Not to mind the fact that they were making weird screeching noises. We started backing up but waited a while until Thomas and Minho got closer so we didn't lose them. I was ready to sprint as soon as they got close enough. We ran up the stairs trying to figure out how to get out. All of a sudden one of the creatures blocked our path. Aris ran up to it and knocked its feet out from under it with his bat he had grabbed earlier. The creature fell into our group and blocked off Thomas and Teresa. "Go around!" Thomas yelled to us as he and Teresa fought off the creature while climbing another flight of stairs. I followed the others to the other flight of stairs a little ways away. One of the creatures went to grab Minho but he quickly punched it in the face and I then kicked it back in the stomach. Minho and I turned back around and I followed Newt up the stairs, Minho following me.

     We rejoined Thomas and Teresa at the top of the stairs and continued to run. I took the rear, right behind Newt. All of a sudden, one of the creatures busted through the glass wall and tumbled into Newt. I jerked to a stop, trying not to fall on either one of them, while the creature crawled on top of Newt. I ran up and kicked it off of Newt and it crashed through the glass railway off the edge of the walk way, plummeting to its death. I looked back to see how far the other creatures were while Thomas helped Newt off the ground. The creatures weren't too close but they were deadly fast. We had to keep going. I turned back around and followed Newt and Thomas into a small hallway to the right of us. At the end of the hallway was a door. The guys tried to open it but it was locked from the outside. They started banging their whole bodies against the door. I turned to see the creatures coming down the hallway. "I'll hold them back!" Winston said as he pulled out his gun. He started to shoot the creatures down but there were many, too many. Winston was gonna run out of ammo soon.

     "Hurry!" I yelled at the boys. Fry then pushed against the door and it finally gave. We filed through it one by one, Winston being the last. As Winston ran through the door, one of the creatures grabbed him and started pulling him back. Newt, Fry, and I went back and grabbed his hands while Minho and Thomas tried to push the door shut. The creatures started clawing Winston's skin. I could hear Winston's screams banging against my eardrums. We finally got Winston free while Thomas and Minho continued to push the door, trying to hold the creatures back. Newt and Fry helped Winston continue to run as I looked to Thomas. He looked at me.

     "Keep going! We're right behind you!" He yelled over the screams of the creatures. I quickly turned around and ran.