Chapter 15

Skylar, Newt, Minho, and Frypan all turned and ran down to help the survivors. WCKD guards started coming down from the helicopters that were quickly swarming the camp. Skylar, Newt, Fry, and Minho snuck through the camp trying to stay out of sight. Fire was everywhere and people were screaming. Guards were shooting everyone insight, the shot electrocuted its target.

"Where's Thomas?!" Minho shouted over the noise as they continued to sneak through the camp. They spotted Vince on top of a truck shooting a machine gun at the guards while Harriet stood beside the truck firing her own gun. They ran to Vince. "How can we help?!"

"You need to cover us!" Harriet answered as she grabbed more ammo for Vince. Newt, Fry, and Minho were handed guns. Newt kicked something and looked down to see Skylar's coat on the ground. Newt looked around frantically.

"Where'd Skylar go?!" Newt asked. As if in answer he heard her grunt over to his right. He turned to see her knocking a guard out a few yards away. She took out her gun and shot two more guards. One came up behind her and she dodged the shot he took at her and ran up, kicked the gun out of his hand, flipped backwards, kicking him in the face and knocking him out. She dodged another shot from a guard by flipping in the air. She ran towards him, jumped and pushed off a huge box on the ground, landing her on his shoulders. She took out her pocket knife and stabbed him in the neck. As the guard fell to the ground she pushed off his shoulders and softly rolled on the ground sitting back up to shoot three more guards. Newt watched in amazement.

"Who the heck is that girl?!" Vince asked, looking at Skylar.

"She's bloody brilliant." Newt said, mostly to himself as he cracked a smile. He picked up his gun and joined the fight. The guards were increasing. They started surrounding Vince and the group. A guard through a device at the truck.

"LOOK OUT!" Vince shouted as the device landed in the truck. The device went off, it electrocuted everything in range. Vince, Harriet, Newt, Minho, and Fry all fell to the ground. Skylar whipped her head around to see them lying on the ground.

"NO!" She shouted. A guard shot her as she was distracted. She fell to the ground in pain. The guards grabbed her and the others and rounded all of the rebels up. They lined them up on the ground. Skylar was pushed down by Newt's side. She sat back up on her knees immediately and glared at the guard as he continued to line up the rest.

"You ok?" Newt asked.

"Yeah." Skylar answered, keeping her eyes on her surroundings. Minho was kneeling on Newt's right. Harriet was kneeling on Skylar's left, Fry next to Harriet, then Aris and Sonya. Janson arrived and started pacing in front of the rebels. The guards started scanning the backs of the necks on each person. Janson started looking all around, searching for something, or rather someone.

"Where's Thomas?" He finally asked.

"I'm right here." Everyone turned to see Thomas walking up to the scene. He was immediately grabbed by a guard and shoved to the front of the rebels, right up to Janson. Janson gave Thomas his creepy smile as he put his hand on Thomas' shoulder.

"Thomas." He addressed him, right before he punched Thomas square in the stomach. Vince tried to stand up and defend Thomas but was quickly shoved back on the ground by a guard. "Get him in line." Janson commanded. Thomas was forced down on his knees beside Minho. "Okay." Janson stated. He scanned the scenes before walking up to a man with a tablet and whispered, "Bring her in."

"Why didn't you run?" Minho asked Thomas, a little frustrated. Thomas shook his head.

"I'm tired of runnin'." He answered. Just then, a berg came flying above them. It landed right in front of all of them. The massive door opened and a woman in all white and with blonde hair came out with four guards around her. She had a stone expression on her face. It was Doctor Ava Paige. Janson walked up to meet her halfway.