5- The Shadow Show

The sounds of music blared through the speakers at the front gates surrounding the large red and white striped tents. There were many people steadily entering, a lot of which that were small families with children, though there were some couples and groups of friends that also entered into the Shadow Show Carnival. The smell of buttery popcorn and sweet cotton candy raided the air, and children had skipped giddily along to the many games and places where the carnies did their magic. Or, as one certain carnie would often say, where they would be poked and prodded at like zoo animals. That carnie was a young woman named Mina Loveridge, but while she was on duty, her stage name was Selina, the snake enchantress of the Gypsies. While she hated her job, she did love seeing the children become happy and entranced with what she did. And she did love spending time with her babies, Esmerelda, Hugo, and Florence.

She had done her act many times, and she had always done it with the brightest and sweetest of smiles on her face. She stayed in her cage, dressed in attire that consisted of fine emerald silk, and with a gold beaded top that hugged her large breasts up nicely. Her curvaceous figure was fully on display for all to see, and she had golden chains that went from the gold belt around her wide hips to the gold anklets that matched. Her skirt was long and flowing, and she had many long scarves also tied around her waist that varied in shades of red and blue, and some were of an iridescent tulle fabric. Her hair was in a curly ringlet fiery mess in the most beautiful of ways, and her face was free of makeup, save for the lipgloss she so expertly applied before she had to perform.

She sat on her seat, a tree stump no less, and she had her back facing the audience that came to look at her through her cage. She hummed softly, running her fingers slowly through the back of her hair to play with her curls. As she had done so, a snake could be seen slithering up slowly to her, and as soon as it had went to strike, the sound of drums seemed to play in the small speakers hidden behind the fake forest foliage, the setting of her cage. Mina had quickly spun and stood up, her wide hips shaking expertly as she gave a charming smile to the audience, which had gasped once they witness how fast both the human and animal were. The jungle like drums had slowly pounded and echoed inside, all the while with the snake slowly raising up while wriggling it's body to the beat slowly. They slowly circled each other, and the snake seemed to lunge towards her again before Mina had once again spun quickly before she allowed her body to roll to the drum line once more. As the events continued further, along with the introduction of two more snakes, Mina had seemed to dance faster along with the music as it progressed. Her hips shakes quickly as well as her plump rear, which got a lot of attention from the male viewers, as well as some females.

By the time her act was beginning to slow down, Mina had moved her body similar to that of a snake, all the while her hands had been twirling around above her head, like she had been care free and happy spirited while her snakes had also moved much like her. Once her act had ended, she had seemed to control her snakes to slither along her body, with them interlocking around her head, shoulders and waist respectively, the snake on her head appearing to look like a crown on her red curly locks. She had slowly circled her wide hips while flashing the audience a sweet grin, giggling cutely as she winked to some of them before she made her way to the front of the cage. "I would love to thank you for coming to sssssee me and my babiesssssss~" she purred, her pupils turning to slits and hissing softly, her fangs showing in her mouth as she grinned. She soon bent down, and smiled at some of the children. "Did you enjoy the show, little onessss?~" she asked softly, her pupils returning to normal as to not scare them. The kids had cheered and laughed, and her snakes had nuzzled their faces to the glass in an attempt to thank them for coming. Mina giggled softly, and she soon stood up before she made her way back to her stump, allowing her snakes to slither off of her body and rest on top. She had continued to dance along with them, and had even allowed some of the guests to assist her in her favorite act: the snake bite of life. A guest would hold one of her snakes, and she would ask them random questions. If she had all three right, she wouldn't be bit. If she got the last one wrong, however, she would. Once she was bit, she would collapse to the ground, appearing to be dead and much to the surprise of the carnival guests. However, her three large snakes would slither under her, and would show off how strong they were by slowly lifting her up to the ground before one of them would nip at her lips softly, almost to give her CPR. That was all it would take to make her come back to life, which would earn her a loud round of applause.