Ch. 3

Black

I promised Leilani I would pay her and our daughter a visit and as promised, I was currently in Dallas. I had just touched down and was on my way to Leilani's apartment.

The uber pulled up to an apartment complex and I texted Leilani, telling her I was downstairs. She responded saying they were in the apartment's park. She gave me directions and I made my way over there with my bags.

When I made it to the park, I seen her pushing our daughter in the swing. She looked up and saw me and she smiled. She took her out the swing and walked my way.

 She took her out the swing and walked my way

"Hey Dave." I couldn't take my eyes off this little girl. She was my twin. I hated myself for missing a whole year of her life. "This is Danielle, say hi to your daddy."

"Dada?" She looked up at Leilani and Leilani nodded her head and smiled.

Danielle reached out her arms to me and I looked at Leilani for reassurance before grabbing her out of her arms.

"Hey pretty girl." I smiled and she hugged me, almost made a real nigga cry. "I'm sorry babygirl and I'm sorry Lei."

"I forgive you. We forgive you."

I pulled her in for a hug and with Danielle in my life, I felt complete.

~~

Wintrr

With Black away, I was in charge. I made sure that everybody had a job and they did they job. It was distracting me from the fact that he was in Dallas being a family man.

Don't get me wrong, I was pissed when I found out about his daughter, but I'm glad he was stepping up and being a man. Every little girl wanted their dad and I'm happy that this little girl got hers.

It was a bittersweet feeling because I got robbed of that chance plenty of times with him and it's something I want with him, but hopefully our time will come.

I walked into his office and closed the door behind me. I sat in his chair and FaceTime Black. I missed him and it's only been like a day.

"Wassup."
I smiled when his face appeared on the screen, "Hey, how's Dallas?"
"So far so good. You miss me already?" He smirked.
"Maybe. How long are you staying again?"
"A week. I'm tryna bond with her as much as possible before I leave."
"Are you with her right now?"
"Yeah, I just put her to sleep." He turned the camera and showed me a pretty little girl laying on his lap. "This is my sleeping beauty, Davina."
"She's you twin, it's crazy." I smiled sadly. I wonder if our kids would look like him.
"Why you looking like that?"
"Hm? Oh nothing, she's crazy cute though. Where are you staying?"
"Here. I don't wanna be too far away from her."
"Oh, so it's gonna be you, your daughter, and your baby mama all under one roof. Sounds like a fantastic idea."
"Don't start. I'm strictly here for Davina. I'm even sleeping in Davina's room on the floor."
"You're gonna hurt your back."
"Nah, Lei bought a air mattress for me."
I nodded and ran a hand through my straight hair. Since when this nigga on nickname basis with her?
"But look Ima call you tonight before I go to sleep, ight?" He said to me.
"Okay. I love you."
"love you too." and he hung up.

~~

Mike

"What time ya appointment again?" I asked Brittney over the phone.
"Ten am tomorrow morning. Want me to come to your place or meet you at the doctors?"
"Nah, Ima come get you."
"Okay, that's fine."
"Did you eat yet?"
"I just ordered me some pizza."
"Ight good. How's my son doing?"
"Why you so sure it's a boy?" She laughed.
"I can feel it in my bones. You carrying my son, a little mini me." I smirked.
"Well, our daughter or son, is doing just fine. They're just making me really sleepy right now, so after I eat, Ima be slumped."
I nodded even though she couldn't see me. "Ight, Ima call you a little later, I gotta handle some business."
"Okay, bye."
"Bye."

After getting off the phone with Brittney, I went into the living room where Johnny and Adonis was. I didn't even tell them yet about me having a kid on the way. I wanted to wait until we found out the gender, even though I already knew it was a boy.

"What y'all niggas finna be up to?" I plopped on the couch next to Adonis.

"I gotta go to UCLA, got some customers over there." Adonis spoke.

I looked over at Johnny and he shrugged, "I'm chilling, don't got shit to do."

"Ight bet. I'm finna go slide thru on a shorty then I'll be back."

"Ight." They both said. I dabbed both of them up before heading out.

~~

Black

"You wanna go out to dinner tonight?"

"Actually, I was thinking about cooking for you. It's your first day here and Dani loves you already, I'm just happy you finally came to your senses, so Ima cook for you to show my appreciation." Lei smiled and shifted Dani from one hip to the other.

We stood in Dani's room who had just woken up from her nap.

"I don't think that's such a good idea Lei."

She looked at me confused, "Why not?"

I sucked my teeth, "Cooking hasn't always been your specialty girl."

She laughed and handed Dani to me, "I've gotten better. I had to learn because I had another mouth to feed."

She walked out the room and I followed behind her. I grabbed her arm and she turned to look at me. We stared into each other's eyes.

"What?" She whispered.

"I appreciate you. You took care of our daughter by yourself for over a year because I was an asshole. I should have believed you, I shouldn't have ran away from my responsibilities because I was scared. I should have been a man and been there for you every step of the way. I'm sorry you've been doing this alone, but no more. I'm gonna be here for you, both of y'all, from now on."

She nodded and smiled, "I like that." She placed her hand on my cheek before kissing it.

"We're gonna be great co parents." I smiled.

"Hell yeah we are."