♔1.4

KIM JI-EUN's POV

KIM JI-EUN's POV

i fluttered my eyes open and was quite relieved that no one's waking me up. 'so i'm earlier than my alarm for today huh' i thought to myself, then it came to me, today was the day when i'll meet the prince that my parents had arranged me with.

i stood up and got prepared for the day, waiting for umji to come knock at my door and tell me what my schedule is.

"princess?" to my surprise, she asked gently. probably she saw through my door keyhole that i'm awake and awaiting for her.

"come in" i said in my groggy morning voice as i sat up.

"okay, so good morning. and ji-eun? happy birthday!" she gave me an adoring smile, her smile is just so cute i wanna put her in my pocket as a stress reliever.

"good morning to you too umji and thank you, you remembered." and spread my arms reaching for a hug.

"of course i would, you're my best friend." she said, hugging me back, she smells so good at 6am. how does she even do that?

after letting go of the hug, umji quickly told me my schedule for the day;

"so for today's schedule you'll be going to town and go to the library to read for the children, you'll be staying there for five hours straight, reading. then you'll be heading home for lunch, by yourself." i wasn't even surprised when umji said that I'll be by myself, to be clear I was really excited and happy because i could get all the privacy i want, even if it means that i'll celebrate my birthday alone.

"and after eating you can rest for a bit. then you'll be studying spanish for three hours and after that you'll be having a family dinner with the kang's, understood?" i nodded and stood up to prepare for the day. "then i shall prepare your bath."

after preparing, i wore the outfit umji picked out for me. she gave me a white long-sleeved blouse and partnered it with a navy colored knee-long skirt that had these square patterns, pairing it with navy colored heels.

and as i was about to leave the palace, i was halted by my parents who were smiling at me very dearly. 

"oh darling, happy birthday! you're already a lady now, we're proud of you." mother said giving me a hug, it felt nice, actually. i've almost never felt my mother's embrace, i loved this one.

"now, continue making us proud." father said as they let go of the hug.

before stepping inside the vehicle i look quickly to my parents and smiled at them from ear to ear. but then that feeling was subsided when they reminded me of the fate they have arranged me with.

"don't be late later, you'll have so much fun."

timeskip.

as i went home i could feel something in my ankle tingling but let the feeling go when i arrived my bedroom and changed into more comfy clothes.