♔1.11

KIM JI-EUN's POV

KIM JI-EUN's POV

"yeah but dude, hear me out, you will fall for each other." mark said and haechan only sighed before responding to him.

"we're just soulmates, these are mere marks in our body and that's the only thing that symbolizes our relationship. we don't need to love each other, just because we're soulmates."

jaemin then looked at me then he looked at haechan with a serious expression on his face. "that's how destiny works, man. you can't play destiny."

"you can make your own destiny, jaem. and i want to make a destiny where ji-eun is not a part of it, i don't want to play with you in your soulmate thing." he said before leaving. it's actually painful to see your soulmate reject you and he said it so with so much will.

but the thing is, haechan, i already have my destiny, so it's useless either way.

"he has problems today, don't mind his attitude today. something happened at home, don't take it personally." jaemin said, giving me a reassuring smile before continuing eating his lunch. i then felt something or someone nudge my arm.

"hey ji-eun, are you okay?" umji whispered, giving me a worried look to which i reciprocated with a smile indicating that i was okay but i was in pain.

he didn't have to go hard and reject me like that but it is what it is.

"i'm okay." i replied but umji looked at me seriously before completely facing me.

"you're not, tell me how you really feel." she said as she held my hands, that same worried smile on her face.

"i just found the i want to make a destiny where ji-eun is not a part of it segment of his statement kinda hurtful. so that's how he felt when we discovered that we're soulmates. i mean, why am i even in pain? he's right, we're just mere soulmates and i have a destiny to follow." i said, my voice laced with pain and it was not how i usually speak.

"ji-eun, you do know that only soulmates can give you the love that you desire right? it's okay to have a rocky start with him but i know that you'll feel something for each other the longer it lasts. destiny will play its game with you two." umji said, leaning her head to the side and softly moving my baby hair to the side of my face.

"umji, you know that i have a destiny to foll-.." i was then cut off by umji who was now frowning, she knows that i have i was in pain and i was trying to hide it. to hide the fact that my parents can't support my happiness.

"the destiny your parents forced you with?"

"the destiny i agreed to."

===

"uhm, hey ji-eun." i heard someone call out and so i turned around. i was surprised to see haechan, not having those usually intimidating eyes, i saw the doe ones that i saw the night we met.

although, it seemed like he wanted to engage a conversation, i felt uneasy because of what happened earlier and wanted to avoid this situation. "oh, hey haechan! wonderful time to see you, i'm about to leave so.."

"can i please just borrow a minute of your time? i want to apologize for my rude behavior earlier. i just found it annoying that everyone was making a big fuss about it." he said and he felt very.. desperate. and so i stayed.

"oh okay, it's fine haechan. you don't have to apologize, actually." i said, i was still nervous and you know.. hurt from what he said earlier but he didn't really have to apologize. he was stating the truth.

just because we're soulmates, it doesn't mean that we have to have love for each other.

"no, i have to and i want to apologize." he insisted as he frowned deeply, those desperate doe eyes are irresistible.

"oh okay, i guess."

"i know i've been rude to you and i threaten you a lot and i'm sorry for all of that. i don't know how to tell you this but eversince that day you tried to help me in the convenience store, i was shocked and delighted, it made me crave for your attention. you were the first person that had helped me, despite of my appearance that night and i'm very thankful. you saved my life by giving me your handkerchief, if you didn't reach out to me then i would've bled out. i've been trying to look for you and protect you, knowing your status as a princess. thank you and i'm sorry. please let me repay you with a date, as soulmates." 

i was utterly shocked and i didn't know what to say. he was protecting me, looking out for me, that explains on how he found me immediately when i was kidnapped. he probably followed me out of the library and knew something was suspicious. "oh, wow." that was all i said, i was too empty-minded from shock.

"it's okay if you don't want to go, it's just a request but it's your choice if you'll go or not." he said, giving me a small smile.

"no, no. haechan, i'll go."

timeskip.

"you're going to help me get out of the palace this saturday" i said as i went inside umji's room. since she was a part of the royal's service team and is the adoptive daughter of the head, she had a room here in the palace. and luckily, her room is found near my quarters, so it's very easy for me to go to her.

"you know you could've just ringed the bell and i would've just went to your quarters. you didn't need to walk all the way here." she said and looked at me suspiciously before continuing, "and why do you need to help to get out of the palace this satu-.. are you going on a date with haechan?"

i sighed as i rolled on her bed, she was studying right now and so the bed was vacant. "is it that easy to tell?"

"not really. but you do seem happier and cheerier than usual. and i saw you talking to haechan earlier, all smiley and that." maybe it's because of the adrenaline and destiny confusing my heart.

"i wasn't smiling." i said, wanting to clear her suspicions away.

"you were smiling from ear to ear, your highness." she looked at me with a blank expression on her face and continued with her suspicions and questions. "be true to me, will you? your highness."

"what is it, umji?" i said, i was tired from rolling on her bed and stood up to go the sit beside her.

"do you like someone? someone that goes by the name of lee haechan?"

HAPPY HAECHAN DAY

So hi!! I really hope you like it coz it's really cringey. Thank you for reading!!! Sorry for anotha short chapter, I really can't think straight.

it seems like i can't make this fanfic a slowburn im sorry but ill keep trying!!