Tea Time

As Amelia slipped back into the party she knew by the look on Johns face that she was in for it. As she stood in front of him he quickly pulled her to the side.

"What the hell was that about?" He hissed, his eyes checking the room to ensure nobody would see him angry.

Amelia sighed and stopped herself from rolling her eyes. What was it with men and their passive aggressive tendencies around her?

"I don't know. Don't worry though I've taken care of it"

"Amelia" and he grabbed at her hand and pulled her closer "this is beyond embarrassing"

Amelia shook off his hand "You're acting as if I knew he was coming" she hit back.

"Well it sure seemed you did from his reaction"

Amelia rolled her eyes, finally giving into what she really wanted. Amelia had always been composed with John, the complete lady but it was becoming tiring.

"I didn't and I don't like being accused of things out of my control John" and she looked at him pointedly before leaving to go find Jessica and Lisa.

John didn't chase her. Instead he smoothed his hair down and proceeded to work the room. His plan was to speak to her tomorrow when she had calmed down.

—-

Amelia was pretty certain that if she didn't meet Tommy he wouldn't stop so she left on her lunch after successfully dodging John all morning.

Lisa and Jessica has know idea where she was going and assumed she would just be popping out. It was easier this way. Once their meeting was over she would come back to work and make a decision. Whether to stay in London or request a transfer to another hospital.

Slipping out of the hospital Amelia battled the winter extremities as she clutched her hat. Winter had always been her favourite time of the year and Christmas was right around the corner.

All she hoped for was snow. Snow made everything pure and pretty again.

Then Amelia remembered that she would probably be alone this Christmas and sighed into the cold air. This was supposed to be her first Christmas with Tommy in their new house.

A few minutes later Amelia saw the small sign for the cafe she told Tommy to meet her at and paused. The nerves where now building in her stomach and she couldn't help but feel faint.

Instead she shook her head and pushed on. There was no point wrestling with this anymore. They had to speak and get it out into the open or they would forever go round in circles.

As soon as she entered the small cafe she was met with a cosy warmth. Taking off her hat and shaking out her hair she spotted Tommy by the window, smoking and idly looking out into the street.

Amelia stepped to the table and Tommy looked up with a small smirk across his face.

"You're late" he said as she sat down.

"Can I get you anything Miss?" A young girl asked as she made her way to the table.

Amelia ignored Tommy and smiled "Just a tea please" and she watched the girl walk off to fix her order.

Without thinking Amelia turned to look at Tommy who was staring at her hands and she crossed her arms. It was clear that he was looking to see if there was a dent left from her engagement ring.

"Why did you have come last night Tommy?" And she watched as his jaw tightened.

Tommy had Johns house watched last night and was grateful that Amelia didn't go home with him like she threatened.