Wicked Sisters

John was the first one to peak his head out of Tommy's door to nosey at the two women waiting in the foyer for Amelia. They where both talking in hushed whispers that they don't even notice him.

"Definitely the wicked sisters Tommy" John said as he walked back into the room.

Tommy nodded "Mary send them into the drawing room. I'll get Amelia"

Mary quickly nodded before leaving the room to take remove the guests from the foyer.

"Just when you where starting to catch a break" Arthur mumbled as he patted Tommy on the back.

Tommy nodded before leaving his office to get Amelia who was in the sitting room with his family. Ada had already cracked open the alcohol so he knew Amelia would already be tipsy.

The look on his face must of sobered the room because they all went quiet when he entered.

"Amelia, there are two of your friends here to see you" he said, cigarette in his mouth.

Amelia's eyes went wide for a brief second as it dawned on her who had turned up uninvited. The look on her face was enough to let him know that she wasn't aware of their visit.

"What are they doing here?" Ada hissed as she began to stand up. Amelia quickly stood up to and gestured for her to take a seat.

Amelia quickly stepped to Tommy and side stepped him out of the door. Tommy left with her.

"Give me strength" she mumbled to herself.

"Do you want me to come in there with you?" He asked, hoping she would say yes.

"No it's okay. I'll handle it" and she left him without merely a look.

He began to worry as she made her way down the hallway. They where only just getting on the right path together and now it could all be destroyed.

If her friends where to try and take her back he couldn't really blame them could he? After all they had only seen Tommy at the grips of desperation as he fought for her, to bring her back to a place where she could trust him.

"Fuck" he mumbled.

—-

Amelia felt nerves rumble in her chest as she took the final steps to the drawing room. Their voices that travelled through the door suddenly felt different, felt foreign.

Amelia opened the door and stepped in. Jessica was the first to round on her.

"Fuck Amelia! We've been worried sick about you!" And Jessica pulled her into a big hug, squeezing her tight.

"Why haven't you called huh?" Lisa asked as she stood up and kissed Amelia's cheek.

—-

Ada couldn't help herself as slipped off her heels and tip toed across the hallway and pressed her ear against the door.

"Ada!" Polly hissed from the other side, a smirk across her face at her nieces bravery. "Get back in here!"

"Shh!" Ada waved her off. From behind Polly's shoulders Esme was taking her shoes off ready to join Ada.

"Bloody hell" Polly hissed before taking off her own.

—-

"I'm sorry. It's been really hectic here and for your safety it was better that I didn't" Amelia said as she took a seat on the sofa across from her friends. "Trust me, I really wanted to write to you both"

"You shouldn't even be here" Jessica rolled her eyes and leaned back into her seat.

"There was trouble. I wasn't safe-"