Perfect Timing

Amelia hasn't let the nightmares that plague her fitful sleep get in the way of her morning. It had becoming tiring, the feeling sorry for herself so she slipped out of the house and went to visit two of her friends.

Winnie was the first to greet her with a huff and a whine. The Wind eyed her curiously as she stepped into the stable.

"Hello you two" she coed as she stroked each one down their nose.

"Hello!"

"Shit! Oh, curly. It's you!" Amelia laughed as she spotted curly in the corner of the stable tending to the horses food.

"I didn't mean-mean to scare you Amelia" he grinned her way.

Amelia waved him off "It's okay. I just thought I would be the only one up this morning"

"Tommy, he's up! He don't sleep either" and Curly nodded to himself.

Amelia took in a deep breath at the mere mention of Tommy's name. Last night had been hard but the only way of sunshine was his lips on hers.

"Can I take him out Curly?" And she looked at The Wind.

"Yes! Yes! He would really like that!"

Amelia grinned and began saddling up her horse. As soon as he was ready she began to pull him out into the field. Enjoying the freedom of her morning.

With each step into the field she began to feel a little more free.

"Come on boy, lets go shall we?" And she hopped up and pulled on his reigns.

As they whipped into the field Amelia laughed, he was showing off, letting her know that Winnie wasn't the only fast horse in their stable.

"Is that all you've got?" She shouted and The Wind responded by turning them sharply left and bolting the whole length of the first field.

Amelia lifted her right hand out and let the air whip through her finger tips. There was something so serene about the way the two rode together.

Amelia could see why Tommy had bonded to this horse in the way he had. The Wind was eager to please and made you feel so powerful sat on top of him.

After spending an hour out with him she decided that Curly probably needed him back so they raced across the four fields they had travelled back for he stables.

When Amelia stopped with The Wind she saw Tommy speaking to Curly. As she hopped off the horse and pulled him there way he looked up, his eyes seemed a little softer on her today.

Refusing to feel embarrassed for last night she looked away and placed The wind back in his stable.

"Don't they go so well together Tommy?" Curly asked, pointing towards Amelia and The Wind.

Amelia smiled at Curly and took off her helmet, releasing her hair and fluffing it back up.

"I think he's fallen in love with her, don't you Curly?" Tommy asked as he patted Curlys shoulder.

Curly laughed and nodded, eager to please Tommy "Yeah Yeah Tommy, in love yeah"

Amelia began to walk away and Tommy followed. Tommy was surprised, this was the first time he had seen Amelia happy since she was forced to return to Arrow House.

"How does he compare to Winnie?" He asked,

Amelia smirked "He'a faster but she's more skilful in the field"

Just as they made their way back to the house snow began to fall and Amelia couldn't help but admire the way it landed on Tommy's cap.

"What's your plan for Changretta?" She asked, the snow suddenly reminding her that this whole business had started last winter.