Ep 1 Accuracy Or Efficiency

Elaborate should we focus on accuracy or fluency when teaching  our students in schools.

I pick focusing on fluency when teaching as an English teacher. Firstly, it is important to communicate with the students and this process is called interactive learning and makes the students want to learn to speak English more. Teachers with broken English will affect the learning of the student because they will follow the broken English the teacher teaches them.

Second, learning about sound is more important than learning grammar because sound (linguistics) can make them speak better. If they are being taught grammar, they will only be accurate in writing but less in learning English.

Learning sound can make students fluent and polish their speaking skills by giving confidence when speaking the right word.

Third, it is easier to express meaning if we are fluent. We can speak and give the meaning when using our first language not in English. This is because they do not know how to express meaning because they only read from it. This could bring to the downfall of English learning grade. The student sees teachers as an idol and respects them.

During this time, teachers’ especially English teacher should make them fluent by teaching student sounds. This will make them speak English better and this should be the priority of every English teachers in Malaysia.