preface

CHAPTER O

˗ˋ ° ˊ˗

may 20, 1970
2:28 pm

Aurora Lynn.

She's the nice girl who always has the homemade honey stand in front of Mr. and Mrs. Addington's flower shop, the sign singing "$1 a jar! get your honey!"

She's the girl everyone in her neighborhood calls the beekeeper's daughter, a bee tattoo on her shoulder and jars of honey being her famous accessory. Always seen wandering down the sidewalk with her yellow sundress and white mary janes that avoid the cracks for her mother's safety.

She's an absolute beauty with her long locks, smooth skin, bee-stung lips and golden brown eyes that- practically turn to honey in the bright sun. The boys adored her, some with good intentions and some bad. They all just wanted a taste of her sweetness, wanted to feel their teeth ache.

An angel, sweet as pure honey they describe her.

Then there's Harry.

The guy with the intimidating green eyes and admired cigarette shop. The one with strong tattoos lining his arms and an infamous smoke trail that followed behind him everywhere he went.

He's cruel to people he didn't know, some would even say that's what makes him attractive.

He messes with the fuzz, tosses girls left and right, got into his fair share of fights and goes through cigarettes like a bag of candy.

A true no-good.

So how was he able to get the sweetest girl in the neighborhood- they're truly polar ends of the magnet.

But you know what they say, opposites attract.