second

CHAPTER II

˗ˋ ° ˊ˗

may 21, 1970
3:45 pm

Aurora's family home is pretty different from the others on her block, the pastel yellow that paints it's outer walls standing out from the generic homes that neighbor it. The home also has an adorable sign out that warns any new comers, the sign reading, "Proceed with caution! Intense honeybee activity in this area" which is referring to the bee yard.

The bee yard or what the sweet girl likes to call it, the honeybee garden, is where her and her father works. It's also where Aurora grew up with her sticky little honey fingers. She's the one who collects and scrapes the honey comb out of old hives, using that and the old Lynn's family recipe to make the honey she sells today.

"Aurora, you're home!" The puppy hears as she stirs up her waffle batter, her head titling up and seeing her mom walk in from the backyard, the bee-safe veil in her hands and a suit hugging her body. "Hi mom!"

"Hey, sugar. I was just visiting your father in the backyard." Aurora's mom, Autumn, sings as she places the suit hat down on the floor, making her way to the sink.

"I should probably go say hi in a bit too." The honey pop says as her mom washes her hands. "I'm going back out in a few so just come with." Autumn suggests while wiping her hand with a towel, "how was business today?"

"The Addington's retired." Aurora sighs and her mother furrows her eyebrows, "really? Oh, we should've seen it coming."

"Yeah, I'll probably visit them on Sunday's if that's alright." She asks and Autumn nods her head. "If you didn't sell there, where did you, honey?"

Aurora lies, "just some random market. I sold twenty jars."

"Aw well that's good." Her mother smiles and Aurora does too, "well I'm going back outside to your father, come join us when your- oh Aurora! What happened your shoe? It looks burnt."

Aurora looks down at her tinted mary janes before looking back to her mom, "just scuffed them while walking. No biggie."

_

may 23, 1970
10:57 am

Today, makes the third day Aurora sells outside of the Styles Smoke Shop, the third day she had to ignore the nasty stink eye Nate sends her through the window.

Business is going better than expected, customers from the first day have returned to demand for more jars of honey- telling the pretty girl their first jar was gone in a matter of forty-eight hours.

She also hasn't seen the man who goes by Harry since her first day, her curious eye making sure to look out for brown hair and killer green eyes that send shivers down her spine. She's oddly relieved not to see him but, there's another feeling conjuring up in her stomach about the situation that she can't just quite put a name to.

"Hi, dearie!"

"Ms. Odell!" Aurora beams as she sees her most loyal customer come up to the stand.

"Aurora! I saw your poster this morning while I was walking Mars to the vet, I was wondering where you and your honey have went. Thank god, I was wearing my reading glasses."