VI

hungry hippo - tierra whack

DRUNKEN

a beer in each hand, jacob thrombey walked over to the bathroom and knocked. he was going to tell her to hurry up, or ask if she drowned or something. before he opened his mouth, he heard her. "is that you marta?" she asked from the other side. jacob furrowed his eyebrows. "nope." was all he replied with. it was silent for at least five seconds.

"fine, come in dork." she accessed, making his eyes go wide. he choked on his words a couple times when he finally cleared his throat. "you want me to, um, come in?" he blushed. he could practically hear her roll her eyes.

"you dummie, its a bubble bath, i'm covered, and i'm assuming you either have a question, or you need to brush your teeth, wash your face or something." she yawned, giving him further permission to walk in. so he did. he tried not to look in the water. he was a bit more respectful then that. he saw her face. her hair was tied back in a messy bun at the back of her head, and a bunch of strands of hair came down in front of her face.

she had taken all her makeup off. she had her eyes closed, and her phone was blasting some spotify playlist. hungry hippo was echoing throughout the room. lucille hummed to the rhythm of the girl singing. "look what i managed to get." he interrupted with a smirk, making her eyes flutter open. when she saw the green bottles, she raised an eyebrow. "i'm just gonna guess you've never drank alcohol before?" luci assumed.

jacob furrowed his brows. "only accidentally, but i was seven. have you?" he asked. lucille laughed, shifting her body upwards as she crossed her arms onto the edge of the tub, and resting her chin on them, making bubbly water drip down onto the floor. "dude, i've been to plenty of highschool parties. of course i have." she claimed. "well, get out and let me get changed and then we can drink some." she instructed the boy, letting him give a nod as he exited the bathroom.

jacob waited on his bed, joining in on a couple beefy arguments on twitter. he heard the door open and out of instinct, he looked up. she had a white towel wrapped around her body. he blushed and looked back to his screen. she huffed. "you know you don't have to be so jumpy, kid, i'm covered. i just need to grab some clothes." she snickered, going back into the bathroom and closing the door. the next time she came out, she was wearing a grey oversized t-shirt with homer simpson on it. he couldn't see the black shorts she wore, but he knew they were there.

she grabbed a pastel pink velvet scrunchie and tied her hair back in a loose, low ponytail at the back of her head. she purposely brushed through the front of her scalp, allowing two pieces of hair hang down in front of her eyes. "alright, whatcha got for us?" she asked, having jacob hand her the bottles. "i forgot to get a bottle opener." he told, making lucille roll her eyes.