IX

pills n potions - nicki minaj [slowed + reverb]

WALK WITH ME

☻✞

she layed in bed, staring out the window. it was sort of foggy. she hadn't spoken in so long that she forgot what her own voice sounded like. there was a small knock on the door. "lucille?" she heard the voice of jacob thrombey. she didn't react. just stayed silent, pulling the covers a bit more up. he sighed, and she heard him sit on the edge of her bed. "marta said you hadn't eaten all day, so she sent me up." he told.

"just not hungry." she mumbled through the white quilt that covered her mouth. and there was silence. she kind of wished jacob would lay beside her and embrace her in his arms again. but it didn't happen. damn. she thought. "what if i asked if you were hungry for ice cream?" he asked, his voice a whisper. she brought herself to sit up, seeing how jacob was now dressed in a white tee and grey sweatpants. she looked in the mirror across the room. she wore a black champion crop top and black sweatpants that had "stop looking at my dick" written on the crotch.

she rolled her eyes. "fine. only because i said we would go earlier." she gave in, getting out of bed. jacob grabbed her hand and pulled her back. "but," he began, a smug look spread on his face. "is it a date?" he questioned, chewing on his bottom lip. lucille shook her head and huffed. "it's a date, you dork" she went to get some socks. she put on her white slides with the rip n dip cat on them.

she grabbed a black velvet scrunchie and tied her hair back in a loose, low messy bun, as always having a few strands of her brown locks hanging down. there was a knock on the bathroom door. "you ready?" jacob asked, peeping his head inside. she flashed a small smile and nodded, holding his arm as they went downstairs.

"hey, where are you two going?" meg asked as everyone else stared. lucille grinned and looked up at jacob, then back to her. "oh, just for some ice cream. we'll be back in a bit." she told. meg raised a brow. "sweet, let me get my shoes on." she said, making jacob roll her eyes. lucille gave joni a look, making her grab meg's wrist and pull her back.

"megan, why don't you just stay here tonight?" joni mumbled. meg shook her head. "why? it's so boring here." she said. jacob chimed in, stepping forward, making lucille loose her grip from his sleeve. "sorry, you aren't coming." he told. lucille lightly pushed him aside.

"sorry about him," she apologized, flashing him a glare. "what he means to say is, we're going on a date." she huffed, making everyone gasp. joni 'awe'd and put her hand on her heart. linda furrowed her brows. "dressed like that?" she asked, referring to their choice of rather comfortable clothing. lucille shrugged. "it's just ice cream. chill, vibey, lowkey." she winked. linda nodded and chuckled. "alright. have fun."

meg crossed her arms. "yeah," she looked at jacob. "not too much fun." she smirked, following her mother to get a snack. jacob rolled his eyes and snaked his arm around lucille's waist, smiling down on her. "let's get out of here, princess." he whispered. she giggled. "and that's why my contact name is what it is." she joked as they turned to exit.

it was dark and misty outside. sort of creepy looking, as if they were in a "cabin on the lake" sort of horror movie or horror game. but, holding onto jacob's hand, she felt safe. like he radiated a good vibe that made everything around them more settling. her palm sat on top of his as they looked at each other and smiled before looking back forward. lucille looked into the trees, casually fiddling with jacob's hand before interlocking her fingers with his.

she looked back up at him smiling, having him plaster a smirk on his face as he chuckled, looking back in front of them. the whole way there, they both couldn't help but smile. lucille eventually made out the bright neon lights of the stores, and she knew they were close. she giggled as excitement fulfilled her body. "the last time i got ice cream was on my birthday, when i got my cycle. i took marta to this beach where all the rich people lived. we didn't fit in, but we did light fireworks and sparklers. and we got free ice cream because of my special day." she told.

jacob smiled, watching as her eyes sparkled with the reflection of the streetlights making her features more visible. she looked up at him, the smile never fading. "never thought i'd be going on a date like this with someone i just met." she added. he chuckled, walking backwards in front of her. "yeah, but don't you see the chemistry? i mean what if we're meant to be." he said dramatically, having them both break into a fit of laughter after, as he returned to her side, hand laced with hers. lucille furrowed her eyebrows, looking at her feet.

"you mean that?" she questioned. jacob huffed, staring at an old couple walking past them. "well, yeah, sure." he confirmed, squeezing her hand tighter. she grinned, lifting herself onto her tippy toes and planting a soft kiss on his jawline. "thank you." she mumbled, seeing jacob grow a wide smile. she looked at it like she was the boy she normally babysat, when he had found a bundle of diamonds in minecraft. or like someone had gifted her a very meaningful gift. she thought he was naturally beautiful.

 she thought he was naturally beautiful

word count : 1007 words