Chapter 6

Sakura's Pov

You know, I'm starting to think this was a bad idea. 'No shit you dumbass!' I carefully monitored the space between the edge of the cliff and the slowly approaching lava puddle. Now, I didn't expect Milo to cough up molten rock, and I'm starting to think he didn't either. Said lion was panicking as he paced back and forth on the other side of the lava. Well at least he cares am I right? 'I am going to rip out your eyeballs with a spoon if you keep it up with your damn optimism.' Have you ever considered a position in interrogation? 'No outer, no I have not, in fact, I probably wont consider anything when I'm 6 feet under in a wooden box!'

Wait, I remember like two wind jutsu from the manga, that might cool the lava. 'Ah yes, we'll just blow on the 1000 degree slime blob and hope that it stops moving.' Do you have any better ideas? 'No but I will live and die the devils advocate.' That could be an anime plot. 'That lava's getting awfully close would you like to do something about it?' So now you like my idea? 'Shut up and breath on the lava.' I sighed and formed what I was pretty sure were the hand signs for a wind jutsu. 'Wait, are we sure this is even your affinity?' I'm going with my gut. 'We gonna di-' "Boufuu Kyouzuu No Jutsu!" A moderately powerful gust of wind hit the lava, I watched as the top of it began to crystallize. 'Ok, it stopped moving, but it would probably set fire to your shoe if you stepped on it.' At least I didn't fall off a cliff. 'You damn optimist.'

Milo let out a sigh of relief as the molten rock ceased in movement. He carefully hovered his large paw over the lava, trying to check the temperature. 'Couldn't you just, chakra jump?' I slapped my forehead. 'Just, push chakra into your feet when you jump.' That doesn't sound too hard. I estimated the diameter of the pool, just to reassure myself that I most certainly would not be dying. I let my feet sink into a jumping position, the one I would use while doing floor. Chakra channeled through my legs as I hurtled into the air. 'Be ready to land idiot!'

I did land. In fact, I landed right on top of Milo, we went tumbling through backwards together. Excellent bonding. 'He's gonna kill you.' Well I'm gonna die eventually, I might as well take him down with me. We landed in a sad little pile of sweat and a small amount of blood. I flopped myself off and spit out the lion fur that had gotten into my mouth. Groovy, radical even, he hasn't lunged yet. 'Maybe you killed him... wait can summons die?' How would I know? 'Aren't you supposed to be omnipotent or something.' Not to my knowledge... but am I supposed to know everything wait a min-. 'Just shut up.'

Eventually, Milo let out a groan and slowly pulled himself up. 'Mood' Relatable. He raised his head and gave me a dry look, "Just to be clear, we tied. I haven't lost yet." he grumbled. 'Milo would get along great with Sasuke. Tell me I'm wrong, I dare you.' You're wrong- 'What did I literally just say?' But you dared me, I wasn't raised a coward. Then again I wasn't raised at all... like aside from the foster system and shit but I wouldn't label Gertrude as parent material. 'Who the fuck would name their child Gertrude?' Boomers with no taste. Milo sighed and rolled himself out on the ground, letting the sun coat his grey fur. 'Are we just going to ignore the lava rock?' Oh, absolutely.

...

'This is just, such fun.' I know, catching Tora for the fifth time in a week really brings me joy, especially when I'm wiped out from fighting Milo. Damn my civilian chakra reserves. 'We are slightly above civilian thank you very much.' I watched Naruto let out a war cry as he tackled the cat with practiced accuracy. Sasuke watched him with distaste.

We walked up the stairs of the Hokage monument, Kakashi had to keep Naruto from throwing Tora off the edge. 'It would shut the damn thing up.' And also get us murdered by the fire daimyo. 'Bold of you to assume I don't want to die.' Mood.