Chapter 10

Alana pov

I haven't gone home to my 'parents' for a week and since they haven't put up missing posters or filed a report, I'm going to go ahead and say they don't care about me. 'But it's ok because now we have Kakashi as our loving father.' Thats true, he makes the best lunches.

I dug my fork into today's breakfast, eggs benedict with hot sauce. 'It sounds disgusting but its actually pretty good.' On the other side of the table, Kakashi did the same. I added a bit of pepper to the dish before looking at Kakashi. "Sooo, you gonna sign us up for the chunin exams?" Kakashi sighed and nodded. "Assuming Iruka doesn't kill me for trying, yes you'll be entering." 'I'd like to see Iruka try.' That man is persistent, I wouldn't underestimate him. I hummed and went to put on my shoes as Kakashi dumped the plates into the dishwasher.

...

I arrived with Kakashi at training ground 7, Naruto jumped up from his spot. "You guys are late!" Sasuke hned in agreement.

Kakashi scratched the back of his head. "I got lost on the road of life."

I shrugged. "Someone spilled copious amounts of money and as a good citizen I went to help pick it up." 'Nice save.'

Kakashi cleared his voice to speak. "Anyway, I nominated you guys for the chunin exams. It's tomorrow at 3 so come prepared. I think you're all ready for this so don't prove me wrong. Spend today getting your supplies together and such. Cya." 'He disappeared, what a great sensei.'

I walked up to Sasuke and Naruto. "Ok, so here's the plan. When we enter the exam site, we are as unnoticeable as possible. Do not draw attention to yourselves. Don't start conversations with the other ninja. That way we can surprise anyone who comes after us, got it." Sasuke nodded, Naruto followed.

Sasuke grunted. "We need to pack food and clean water, dobe, can you make us some sealing scrolls?" Naruto nodded and pulled out some chakra paper and an ink brush.

After five minutes of watching Naruto draw seals, we each had roll of space bending paper. 'Could you seal a living person and then burn the scroll?' Dunno, I think they'd have to be dead for that to work.

We spent the day preparing and going over theoretical strategies. After all, we were about to face sannin. 'We're so gonna die.' Yeah, we have a pretty good chance of doing just that. 'What happened to Mrs. Optimism?' There's not really anything to be optimistic about in this situation.

::

I had fallen into a continuous pattern of kicking a wooden post. It was around ten at night. A rustle in the bushes drew my attention. A smirk reached my face, the time has come. 'Pardon?' Don't worry about it.

I walked over to the bushes, waiting for my opponent. "Oi, are you just going to sit there or should I come to you?" The bushes rustled and out jumped a 'rain nin'. A straw hat and ripped clothing adorned the 'ninja' to give it an intimidating flare. He held a long chain with a ragged piece of metal melded to the end. I slipped a kunai from my pocket, might as well give him a show. 'Don't die' Oh don't worry, this guy's harmless.

The nin charged forward, swinging the chain forward towards my feet. I jumped and dug my kunai into one of the chain links. I twisted, smirking as the chain came apart. The nin abandoned the chain, reaching for a sword on his back. I dropped my kunai and quickly willed my hands through a set of signs. The nin jumped backwards, but he was too slow. I breathed in, feeling the chakra burn in my veins. "Katon: Fireball Jutsu!" A stream of fire flew towards the nin." He managed to doge most of it, some of the fire catching on to his torn shirt. He landed in his feet, before bringing one hand up in a release sign. Iruka appeared in a puff of smoke. 'Plot twist of the fucking century.' Language young lady.