8~ Bike Ride

(It's kinda short, I'm sorry)

The three were all talking about there big summer plans. They wanted to make a considerable bucket summer list and do everything they can. 

"So, are we still down for the bike ride?" Mira asks the group. 

"Yeah, and we'll go up the hill, get some snacks," Adam said.

"And pick up food," Mira suggested.

 The two had talked about plans a bit more, and Kai stood silent and awkward. He wasn't that into the conversation. Kai hadn't had the best childhood, and his parents were never really there. Even tho his Butler tried to fill that hole, and it never did feel the same. And most kid's parents taught them how to ride a bike, but Kai never did learn how to ride a bike. Kai was lost in his train of thought was a bit startled when Mira announced she had to head home.  Mira left, leaving the two boys alone. 

"So, are we going to wait for your ride?" Adam asked, getting up to see if Kai was okay. Kai nodded as both of them walked outside. Kai still was silent, not saying much as he stood next to Adam. 

"Kai, are you okay?" Adam asked, leaning on a wall. Kai nodded but realized he should tell Adam. 

"Yeah," Kai played it off calm, hoping not to make Adam worried about the boy next to him.

"Are you sure?" Adam asked once more, leaning a bit closer to Kai, making him a bit confused about what's happening.  Kai waited a bit messing with the cement rocks with his shoes before looking back up a bit. 

Kai didn't look at Adam quite yet."See, I-i," Kai paused before rushing out the last few words, " Don't know how to ride a bike." 

"Well, I can teach you then," Adam smiled at him, Kai looks up at smiles back. Kai just stared at him in unreality. 

"Really?" Kai asked happily, showing a bit of blush.  Adam ruffled Kai's hair softly and nodded at the smaller boy. 

"I'll text you the time,"  Adam said before Kai's ride pulled up at the restaurant.

"Thank you," Kai said before leaving Adam and getting in the car.  Adam stared at the leaving car for a bit before walking home.  

_Time Skip to after school the next day_ 

"Hey, Adam!" Kai said skipping and waving at Adam. 

"Hey," Adam said once Kai had joined up with him. "Okay, so we're going to head over to my house to get the bikes. And then I'll teach you." Kai perked up.  

"I'll pick you up," Adam smiles. 

"Well we kinda go the same way for a bit, can I just walk with you to your house?" Kai asks.

"Sure," 

After a while of awkward walking, Kai had stopped paying attention and soon tripped on a rock. Luckily, Adam had caught him before Kai hit the ground. 

"Be careful," Adam says, making sure he's okay.

Kai laughs a bit, "I am" 

_Time skip to after they get the bike out_

"Well, you can use mine, for the time being, I'll walk near to help you if you fall," 

"Thanks," 

Adam helps Kai get on the bike, holding him until he can get balanced,  Kai slowly begins to get the hang of balancing. And some points, Kai gets wobbly and attempts to grip onto Adam.

"You're okay, just balance," Adam smiles, getting Kai back on the bike slowly. '

"The pedals are here," Adam says pointing. Kai tries to go for the first time, slowly getting somewhere with Adam still near him, yet Kai almost fell again. This time the bike fell and Kai was pressed against Adam standing up. 

"Ah, I'm sorry," Kai said blushing, backing up. 

Adam ran his fingers through his hair, "It's alright, let's try again." He smiled. Kai nodded and got back on the bike. 

Soon, Kai got the hang off it enough where Adam stood a bit farther. Adam still stayed close as Kai finally stopped at the park.

"Thank you so much, Adam!" Kai said, hugging Adam. 

"Anytime," Adam said, again messing with Kai's hair. They hugged for quite a while until Kai made eye contact with Adam.

"Hm?" Adam asked, and was given an empty reply until had tiptoed up and kissed Adam's cheek. Kai suddenly backed off, ready to apologize.  

"You keep falling, huh?" Adam questioned again, laughing a bit. Kai titled his head in confusion. 

"Is it safe to assume you've fallen for me?" 

"I-. Yeah, I guess." Kai said.  

"So boyfriend?" 

"Yes!" Kai said, hugging Adam again.

And on the bike ride home, they were on the bike together. Kai held onto Adam as they went home.

(Hi! I probably won't post till after the 12th because of my birthday! Also, I can't ride a bike)