Chapter 7

Angin found himself walking under the rain, with only his backpack as his shield against the pouring rain.

"Meow..."

"I knew I heard something," he said joyfully as he saw a brown cat hiding in the hole on the base of a large tree. "Hello, there! Waaah! You're so cute! I'm a friend, by the way, so don't get scared! The name's Angin!"

The cat looked at him with its big brown eyes and meowed cutely.

"And that's how I met Cattus!" Angin ended his story.

"Your story sounds like it came from one of those dramatic anime scenes," Api deadpanned as he looked at his brother with an unimpressed stare.

"Hey, I'm telling the truth!"

Cattus seemed to ignore the squabbling duo as he peacefully drank the milk that Angin brought to him.

"Cattus? What a cute name!" Daun cooed to which Cattus meowed at him in appreciation.

"Wait, I remember now! This happened the day before you got sick, when school was about to end!" he continued after a moment of thinking. "Now it makes sense why you kept trying to leave when you weren't feeling well!"

Api snickered at the memory of Angin trying to escape from Tanah's clutches. "Oh yeah! At that time, you kept crying for no reason, even Petir doesn't know what to do!"

Angin looked surprised and embarrassed at the revelation. "EH?! Why can't I remember that?!"

"Well, you were delirious most of the time," Daun said, frowning a bit. "At least, that's what Cahaya said."

"And I think you got Petir sick with all your snot the day after that," Api said, chuckling.

"What?! I don't remember that too! Poor Petir..."

"Don't worry, Petir got better the next day! He's strong, after all!"

"Though you should've seen how worried Tanah was-"

Api was cut off by an elbow hitting him as Daun put his arm around him.

"But that was in the past now! All is well!" Daun said cheerfully, ignoring Api's exclamation of pain. "Now that Api and I are here, we can help take care of Cattus!"

"Wha-" 

"Only if you start playing with us again," Api grumbled. "Ever since that day, you've barely hung out with us anymore."

"W-wait a minute! But-"

"We know you haven't brought Cattus home because of Cahaya's allergies, even though it's okay for grandpa," Daun continued as if Angin hadn't spoken. "And it must be hard taking care of Cattus out here! So we can take turns instead! Plus, We can help you with the cat food and stuff! Api and I noticed you've been borrowing money from Tanah after all!"

"With this, we'd get to hang out more!" Daun finished cheerfully. "Api had been sulking lately because you haven't been around much."

Angin just laughed as Api shouted at Daun on his last statement. He turned to his pet cat and stroked its back.

"Isn't this great, Cattus?" he said, smiling at the cat. "You've made more friends!"

"Oh and by the way," Daun said, ignoring Api's screaming. "If you weren't able yo visit Cattus while you're sick then...:

"About that," Angin frowned in confusion. "It seems like someone had been taking care of Cattus while I was sick! I saw a bowl of food and milk when I came back!"

"Any idea who it was?" Api asked, his anger momentarily forgotten.

"Nope. But I'd like to think that Cattus must have a guardian angel looking out for him."

Little did they know that someone was standing behind a tree, listening to the three of them as they speculated on who took care of Cattus while they weren't available.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Well, I guess I'm back! Hahaha

Petir and Cahaya had their own side stories on @/boboiboygelap's Wattpad account. Check her profile: @/Enen_072 (I'm not gonna tag her because I'm too shy-)